The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pick your Damn Feet Up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Shag67
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Danowert
Wow, what a bunch of wannabe's. Make sure that you all put your leathers, masks or bandanas, fingerless gloves, HOG patched and pinned vests on. Oops forgot the crocs too.

Next program your GPU's for the local Starbucks, load your laptops in your recently mink oiled saddle bag or backpack and head out. I understand that the live internet newbie biker ettiquette room opens at 7:00 each night. That way you wannabe biker internet commando's can thump your chests and howl at the moon till Starbuck closes.

Man, what a bunch of whiners. The original post was an observation. Most of the rest of these replies seems to be coming from "offended" people. Grow the F$$K up. Foot dragging, waves, 1/2 hour sunday rides to and from breakfast and the latest boutique garb don't make you a biker(Rider). It's called "SEAT" time. If you need to fit in go find a support group at your local HOG rally.

OK, now I feel better.........
Let me get this straight. You are criticizing others for whining? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 07:41 AM
hincheec
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If someone is learning to ride and they want to drag their feet, so what?

It is their shoes, let 'em wear em out. I dont really give a crap.

Just dont run into me or run me off the road and we are good man.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Danowert
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Shag67
Let me get this straight. You are criticizing others for whining? HAHAHAHAHA!!!
You got that right. If you ran a quickly poll as to the majority of the posts its silly newbie questions with the usual bitching and moaning when it hits home. If you call it whining because I put in seat time instead of sitting around typing on a computer talking about riding then yeah, I'm a whiner. Check my post count. and the posts I make. It sure as hell not a discussion group posting other than my occasional bit$h about newbies complaining.

Oh, its to hot....
Oh my road couch puts out too much heat....
Oh its too cold....
Oh its too wet......
What kind of trailer do you use?
What kind of boots do you wear?

Support group for newbies.... GET IT!!!!

Oh and by the way.......

F$$K the Smilies

Old 07-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Shag67
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Danowert
You got that right. If you ran a quickly poll as to the majority of the posts its silly newbie questions with the usual bitching and moaning when it hits home. If you call it whining because I put in seat time instead of sitting around typing on a computer talking about riding then yeah, I'm a whiner.
Nah, I call it whining when you whine about 5-6 things in your post including other people being whiners. Glad I could clear that up for you! HAHAHAHA!

Old 07-22-2009, 07:48 AM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shag67 said "Sometimes I leave my feet hanging near the ground when taking off and I could probably out-ride you."

I would expect probably.

It seems that NavyPT is still at that "keep your feet on the pegs" stage of development.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:49 AM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

:i con_bunny:: icon_starwars:

THIS THREAD IS TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 08:00 AM
roofer
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe they should put wheels on the bottom of there boots, the ones that bug me the most are the ones that get right on my bumper when I'm driving my truck and I have a bunch of roofing debris in it, I secure it but there is always a chance something could fly out the other day I had to slow down to 45 on the hiway before this dipsh%t would pass me on his Fatboy he looked like a beginner

Old 07-22-2009, 08:00 AM
doorsidedown
Road Captain

agreed.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:03 AM
sinr
6th Gear

no doubt we could go about how we are all concerned about our fellow riders and how they ride may be unsafe . . . . hey when did the whole black socks /sandaals thing become uncool? and if your really concerned for public safety , did you know that there are more head injuries in car accidents than ... really toeless socks , can you get them in black. wow i wish i had so little to due but ride arround and critque other riders. hel* i wish i was sooo dam* perfect that i felt comfortable judging others without knowing thier ride....hmmmm

Old 07-22-2009, 08:19 AM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyPT
I seem to be seeing it more and more lately but it is one of those things that seems to irritate the snot of me. I see a biker riding through an intersection, parking lot, turn or what ever else with their feet hanging out to the side just inches off the ground. For the love of Pete just pick your feet up and ride! I mean if you don't have enough confidence or the sense of balance enough to know how to handle that ride of your then 1) park it. 2) get your self a trike or some kind of training wheel kit. 3) take a riding course and learn how to handle that bike of yours.

Thanks I feel better now.

If this is how you react to seeing people do something you don't like, god help you when someone actually does something that directly affects you.

Relax. Enjoy life on your ride, and laugh at the little things!

Quick Reply: Pick your Damn Feet Up!