The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pick your Damn Feet Up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:38 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyPT
I seem to be seeing it more and more lately but it is one of those things that seems to irritate the snot of me. I see a biker riding through an intersection, parking lot, turn or what ever else with their feet hanging out to the side just inches off the ground. For the love of Pete just pick your feet up and ride! I mean if you don't have enough confidence or the sense of balance enough to know how to handle that ride of your then 1) park it. 2) get your self a trike or some kind of training wheel kit. 3) take a riding course and learn how to handle that bike of yours.

Thanks I feel better now.
I just wasted a minute of my life reading another bitch post.

And people wonder why we laugh at the Navy...

Maybe I drag my feet just because I like to? Maybe I like to feel the road there? Hmm? Maybe I have metal clips on the back of my heels and like to make sparks (not me but I've seen it).

Old 07-22-2009, 02:00 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,389 Likes on 959 Posts

Originally Posted by jmerr01
I just wasted a minute of my life reading another bitch post.

And people wonder why we laugh at the Navy...

Maybe I drag my feet just because I like to? Maybe I like to feel the road there? Hmm? Maybe I have metal clips on the back of my heels and like to make sparks (not me but I've seen it).
7 bloody pages about picking up your feet?
Another sign that the Apocalypse is near!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 03:31 AM
BlackDenimBob
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not talking just a few feet while the bike gets started. This guy I spotted today kept his feet dragging through the entire length of the intersection. Honestly at what point do you have to get comfortable enough with your speed to feel confident enough to put your feet on the foot pegs or floor boards where they belong?
If it irritates you so much,why didnt you run him down and stomp his ***?...

Old 07-22-2009, 04:05 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well F*ck...

With the 44 degree rake and 8" over tubes on my Sportster, very slow speeds are a bitch... So I regret to inform you that my feet will stay close to the ground when I think I need to... 45 years in the saddle has taught me that much...

I will say that on my CrossBones my feet are up as I release the clutch...

I guess I'm as saint and a sinner... So WTF?

Charlie D.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:54 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mabe it's a poor boys ABS

Old 07-22-2009, 05:02 AM
piggy
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a CRAMP IN my leg once, I WAS SO WORRIED whatcha'all might THINK<< I couldn't stretch it out to help, I WORRIED AND WORRIED what others THINK< that i rode home with that CRAMP in my leg. NOW i find out, IF I STuck my leg out some of you wouldn't really give a crap? DANG> IM FREE IM FREE AT LAST<

Old 07-22-2009, 05:08 AM
Shag67
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I seem to be seeing it more and more lately but it is one of those things that seems to irritate the snot of me. I see a biker riding through an intersection, parking lot, turn or what ever else with their feet hanging out to the side just inches off the ground. For the love of Pete just pick your feet up and ride! I mean if you don't have enough confidence or the sense of balance enough to know how to handle that ride of your then 1) park it. 2) get your self a trike or some kind of training wheel kit. 3) take a riding course and learn how to handle that bike of yours.

Sometimes I leave my feet hanging near the ground when taking off and I could probably out-ride you.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Danowert
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, what a bunch of wannabe's. Make sure that you all put your leathers, masks or bandanas, fingerless gloves, HOG patched and pinned vests on. Oops forgot the crocs too.

Next program your GPU's for the local Starbucks, load your laptops in your recently mink oiled saddle bag or backpack and head out. I understand that the live internet newbie biker ettiquette room opens at 7:00 each night. That way you wannabe biker internet commando's can thump your chests and howl at the moon till Starbuck closes.

Man, what a bunch of whiners. The original post was an observation. Most of the rest of these replies seems to be coming from "offended" people. Grow the F$$K up. Foot dragging, waves, 1/2 hour sunday rides to and from breakfast and the latest boutique garb don't make you a biker(Rider). It's called "SEAT" time. If you need to fit in go find a support group at your local HOG rally.

OK, now I feel better.........

Old 07-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Ironbarr
Tourer

Originally Posted by Danowert
Wow, what a bunch of wannabe's. Make sure that you all put your leathers, masks or bandanas, fingerless gloves, HOG patched and pinned vests on. Oops forgot the crocs too.

Next program your GPU's for the local Starbucks, load your laptops in your recently mink oiled saddle bag or backpack and head out. I understand that the live internet newbie biker ettiquette room opens at 7:00 each night. That way you wannabe biker internet commando's can thump your chests and howl at the moon till Starbuck closes.

Man, what a bunch of whiners. The original post was an observation. Most of the rest of these replies seems to be coming from "offended" people. Grow the F$$K up. Foot dragging, waves, 1/2 hour sunday rides to and from breakfast and the latest boutique garb don't make you a biker(Rider). It's called "SEAT" time. If you need to fit in go find a support group at your local HOG rally.

OK, now I feel better.........
Yea verily.

(Wish I hadn't posted in this one)

Old 07-22-2009, 07:29 AM
robandlyn
Road Master

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
rkoivisto (username) told me of a man that would drag his baseball cleats cause it would throw sparks.
Now THAT sounds like fun !
Definatly would scare the cager's behind you thinking
the next thing your gonna do is blow up !
Rob .....

Quick Reply: Pick your Damn Feet Up!