The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pick your Damn Feet Up!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 07:04 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SamStone
I watched a guy cruising around a bend in the parking lot with his feet dragging. Someone stepped in front of him and he had to use his front brake because that was all he had time to hit. Down he and the bike went.
Nuff said.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:08 AM
BRW
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did alot of research on this and found that ........I really don't give a **** what anybody does.If your not ****'n with me or mine carry on with whatever dumb **** works for ya!

Old 06-28-2011, 01:26 PM
VTK
Road Master

Years ago when I picked up my first street bike after racing MX for yrs I found myself doing just what you hate. It was habit, but a habit I had to break or break an ankle or foot one day. I would suggest less worrying about how or what other people are doing and more riding and doing your thing.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:11 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does being a knuckle dragger count too. I've been accused of that a few times in my life.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:37 PM
VTK
Road Master

'Does being a knuckle dragger count too. I've been accused of that a few times in my life'

That was back when men were men! Drag those knuckles and be proud man!

Old 08-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
I wasn't talking about having my feet down in traffic. I meant when you are turning around in a drive way, like mine which is on a grade. I would like to see all you wizards turn around at 1 mph with feet up.
Ron,

Sorry it took so long for me to post this video, and I don't mean to upset anyone by reviving this thread..

Today I had the pleasure of working with Rick C. (BMW Rider) and Mozzy A. (Triumph Rider). They are two friends who have both taken the basic RLAP Course and the Motor Officer Prep Course from me, and both wanted more personal instruction.

This morning we did more of the LAPD Mazes along with the frewheeling 60' circle weave. Then we went and worked hill sides. We started with basic u-turns on a hill (both directions) and then progressed to back to back manuevers.

Here is an excellent clip of Mozzy on the hill. The clips starts AFTER he made a sharp 90 degree turn to the left to ride up the hill. At the top he snaps he head to the right and cranks the bars to the right to ride down the hill, then snaps his head to the left and cranks his head to the left to ride back up the hill. All of this was done in just under the width of two lanes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afDwEzVAWY4

A couple of things to notice. He never looks down, his throttle is up and steady, and while he blips it at the end, his bike never lurches as he controls all of his speed with the friction zone. Of course his feet never come down.

I'm not sure what your driveway looks like, but unless it's really narrow you should be able to turn tightly and manuever like Rick and Mozzy or at least get turned around. FYI, Mozzy has only been riding for one year and two months, but he has a HUNGER to learn and improve and is very diligent about practice as is evidenced in the hillside run.

Mark

Old 08-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Originally Posted by Paniolo
Ron,

Sorry it took so long for me to post this video, and I don't mean to upset anyone by reviving this thread..

Today I had the pleasure of working with Rick C. (BMW Rider) and Mozzy A. (Triumph Rider). They are two friends who have both taken the basic RLAP Course and the Motor Officer Prep Course from me, and both wanted more personal instruction.

This morning we did more of the LAPD Mazes along with the frewheeling 60' circle weave. Then we went and worked hill sides. We started with basic u-turns on a hill (both directions) and then progressed to back to back manuevers.

Here is an excellent clip of Mozzy on the hill. The clips starts AFTER he made a sharp 90 degree turn to the left to ride up the hill. At the top he snaps he head to the right and cranks the bars to the right to ride down the hill, then snaps his head to the left and cranks his head to the left to ride back up the hill. All of this was done in just under the width of two lanes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afDwEzVAWY4

A couple of things to notice. He never looks down, his throttle is up and steady, and while he blips it at the end, his bike never lurches as he controls all of his speed with the friction zone. Of course his feet never come down.

I'm not sure what your driveway looks like, but unless it's really narrow you should be able to turn tightly and manuever like Rick and Mozzy or at least get turned around. FYI, Mozzy has only been riding for one year and two months, but he has a HUNGER to learn and improve and is very diligent about practice as is evidenced in the hillside run.

Mark
Mark

I took my ARC a few weeks ago. I did great on everything. I still use my feet in my driveway cause I have to go on wet grass around well pipe and turn sharp so I don't hit my truck in the drive way, then back down into my garage. I'll buy anyone a case of beer that can do it without having a foot down.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Len
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who cares . .(in reference to "pick your damn feet up!" - not in reference to the previous post)

Last edited by Len; 08-13-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: didn't finish the post!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's only a matter of time before one runs over his own foot. It just plain dumb IMO.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:15 AM
steelpony5555
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my pet peeves also espcially after seeing what happens when you tangle with a pot hole and a foot peg. End result your ankle bends before the bike does. Was on a poker run and one stop was in a dirt/paved parking lot with lots of pot holes. Guy and his wife coming across the lot skimming his feet when he caught the edge of the pavement on one of the pot holes and bent his foot back tangled in the foot peg. Man his foot and ankle looked ugly. Was just as hard to look at as Joe Thiesmans espn clip. His wife was none to happy either laying on the ground with the bike on her lol.......

Quick Reply: Pick your Damn Feet Up!