The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pick your Damn Feet Up!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 07:13 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gypsylady
Hey! Leave my new "old school hard tail" out of this!

Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

Nothin' like an old school softail on an old school hardtail!

Old 09-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyPT
I seem to be seeing it more and more lately but it is one of those things that seems to irritate the snot of me. I see a biker riding through an intersection, parking lot, turn or what ever else with their feet hanging out to the side just inches off the ground. For the love of Pete just pick your feet up and ride! I mean if you don't have enough confidence or the sense of balance enough to know how to handle that ride of your then 1) park it. 2) get your self a trike or some kind of training wheel kit. 3) take a riding course and learn how to handle that bike of yours.

Thanks I feel better now.

Uh,.... how do they "get" that confidence (experience) if the bike is parked?

Me thinks YOU are the one that needs to park his bike.
Seems a little bit too stressful of a hobby for you.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:18 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by scoteh
I've seen 2 at least 300 lb'ers riding without shirts in the last month. Now that just wasn't right!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUr__-VZeQ

Old 09-21-2010, 09:06 PM
vaham
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Danowert
Wow, what a bunch of wannabe's. Make sure that you all put your leathers, masks or bandanas, fingerless gloves, HOG patched and pinned vests on. Oops forgot the crocs too.

Next program your GPU's for the local Starbucks, load your laptops in your recently mink oiled saddle bag or backpack and head out. I understand that the live internet newbie biker ettiquette room opens at 7:00 each night. That way you wannabe biker internet commando's can thump your chests and howl at the moon till Starbuck closes.

Man, what a bunch of whiners. The original post was an observation. Most of the rest of these replies seems to be coming from "offended" people. Grow the F$$K up. Foot dragging, waves, 1/2 hour sunday rides to and from breakfast and the latest boutique garb don't make you a biker(Rider). It's called "SEAT" time. If you need to fit in go find a support group at your local HOG rally.

OK, now I feel better.........
+1

Old 09-21-2010, 09:17 PM
mickymoto
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 words, chill pill! LOL

Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

it is none of your business when/if i pick my feet up. surely a grown man has better things to do than rant about this for all the world to see.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Stubby3492
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
Of COURSE, I'm being facetious, but hey, that's no more egocentric and narrow minded than getting worked up over what OTHER people look like with THEIR feet dragging on THEIR bikes...

I can't believe someone resurrected this thing, ( at least it's in the BS forum where it belongs ) and I can tell it's gonna be a looong winter coming up...
Its got nothing to do with what they look like dragging their feet. Its a safety thing.... you have a lot less control of your bike with your feet down when you're moving, and if you're on gravel or sandy pavement, and you only have your front brake to stop you, its quite likely that you're going down.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:35 AM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dan conner
it is none of your business when/if i pick my feet up. surely a grown man has better things to do than rant about this for all the world to see.

Why do people get all defensive when they don't have skills?

Old 09-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by jandlcars
hay lady g that your ride
looks goood
Yep. Almost ready for final build & paint. I go pick her up for Xmas. Can't wait!

Old 09-22-2010, 11:01 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stubby3492
Its got nothing to do with what they look like dragging their feet. Its a safety thing.... you have a lot less control of your bike with your feet down when you're moving, and if you're on gravel or sandy pavement, and you only have your front brake to stop you, its quite likely that you're going down.

SURE it's got something to do with what they look like, the instructor in the "Ride Like A Pro" vid was milking the crowd for big laughs about what duck walkers look like on a bike. THEN there's also a safety concern.

I have to say that I see foot draggers every time I'm out...can't say that I see them dropping bikes all over the street, tho. It happens once in a while, but mainly I see other bikers acting all butt hurt because THEY don't like what it LOOKS like. Just sayin'.

I also see bikers doing other dumb or unsafe things everyday, and they're not all inexperienced novices. But it's not my bike, or my job to protect people from their own stupidity. I treat 'em the same way I do drivers without a clue, I keep my distance and go on about my business.

Last edited by *NIGHT TRAIN*; 09-22-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Pick your Damn Feet Up!