The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pick your Damn Feet Up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 05:04 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't want to hijack this thread but, you are a wise man speaking from experience. We have a annual almost week long fishing tournament put on by a local group. The tournament is a good thing and supports many charities. I quit fishing the week before, the week of, and the week after. If it floats--- they put it in the water. If they bought it on the way down --they put it in the water. I enjoy the weeks off from fishing and I get entertained. One of my favorite places to hang out during that time is a Bait shop, grocery store, beer joint and boat ramp all rolled into one with picnic tables over looking the boat ramp. It is an evening of entertainment.
Originally Posted by minutemaidman
Everyone should ride their bikes out to a boat launch ramp some day and sit there and watch boaters unload and especially load their boats for a while. Funny stuff. Much funnier than watching the foot draggers and dog walkers.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:22 PM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paniolo
Folks are gonna do exactly what they are gonna do. Those who want to change will, and those who don't want to, or don't see a need to won't. Those who wish to learn and improve will, and those who have never had a problem as of yet and have no interest in changing won't make the effort. It's a simple as that.
Summed up nicely Paniolo. So there you have it. I simply thought it was my imagination that I seemed to be seeing more and more lately but after reading the multitude of posts it would seem to be a wide spread epidemic. I certainly know as Harley enthusiasts we care very deeply about the look and feel of our rides. I wonder why it is that we should not have the same concern for ourselves in our riding habits. That is the only point I am trying to make.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:26 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Cool Buell brakes aren't all that hot....

Looked to me like the Buell rider had his feet DOWN trying to stop the bike, tiny wisps of smoke puffing off the soles. Clearly an experienced rider as he had a backup plan to stop and hit the wall which was very effective. Videos like this remind me how much I learn from listening and watching.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Did you ever watch a movie that was really bad, start to finish? About 3/4 way through, you know it's not gonna get any better, but you think to yourself "I've already spent an hour and a half, might as well spend the other 30 minutes, maybe it will get better" And then it doesn't.

Ya, this thread was like that for me.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:08 PM
skannner
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yuppies

Old 07-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree with Navypt too. Folks who can't handle their bikes tend to need that crutch. I find that the sooner I get my feet up, the easier it is to ride the bike slowly.

Course, you can ride like you want to, its your bike

Bubba

Old 07-22-2009, 09:53 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hover my feet before a stop just because I do. I can handle my bike just fine, I just do it I guess.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:02 PM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member

I suppose NEXT will be no foot draggin when we're spinnin donuts . When will it ever end?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgUfH1OYptM

Old 07-23-2009, 12:20 AM
frankjake
Road Master

I don't mean to be an a-hole but what difference does it make how anyone else rides? Why can't some people just mind their own business?

But.... he he he, I hate it when riders come to a stop light or stop sign and pull in the clutch and apply the brakes and coast to a stop. They should downshift.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:15 AM
GBeck
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NavyPT
I seem to be seeing it more and more lately but it is one of those things that seems to irritate the snot of me.

Thanks I feel better now.
Are those assless chaps? It just burns my stool to see men who can't afford a full *** set of chaps. It only costs a few more dollars to cover your featureless high-waisted Wranglers! All leather or all denim. Where are the "real" bikers?

Damned foot police! What's next? Fingerless glove wearers?!

Thanks, I feel better now.

Last edited by GBeck; 07-23-2009 at 02:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Pick your Damn Feet Up!