The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just laughed out loud

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Harleyriding77
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I just laughed out loud

Me and the wife hit the grocery store on sundays to do the weeks shopping. We get out of the car and start to head in when a guy on a road king pulls up the the front and parks in the fire lane and gets off. He is wearing a bowling type shirt, kaki shorts and flip flops, his wife was wearing a damn sundress?!!? I just started laughing right then and there. To top it off they go in and leave the bike parked in the fire lane. What I would have gave for something to happen and a fire truck to come in and flatten it. I love bikes but when someone does crap like that then I wish for something bad to happen to the bike.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:59 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

I see lots of stupid stuff done on bikes and by bikers, but I never wish anything bad to happen to them or their bikes. After reading this post I made a guess and when I looked up at the OP I guessed correctly that you were new to this forum. Take that for what it's worth.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Boo67
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work in a medical facility and nothing pizes the EMT's off more than when they roll in on a 911 and someone is parked in the fire lane. We usually do a lot of over head paging trying to find the owner so they will move the car. Friday we just said the hell with it and called the police. The lady came out about 10 minutes after the ambulance had come w/ the fire truck (they both respond to the 911's) and was pizzed that she was blocked in!! She was lucky she left before the police came.
That said, I don't wish anything bad to happen to anyone or to their ride, but people need to stop thinking that their "just running in for 5 minutes" excuses them from illegally parking in fire lanes and handicap spots. It's a pet peeve of mine. Rant over.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:17 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Boo, I agree with you completely. And it's not just bikes, it's people in general, and I'm definitely not siding with "the lady" in your case, or "the guy and his wife in the situation above", but I can't say that I've never made a mistake or done anything foolish in my life. I've made a milliion of them. That being said, unless the poster had never made a mistake, wishing someone's bike to get run over was just BS to me.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Boo67
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
Boo, I agree with you completely. And it's not just bikes, it's people in general, and I'm definitely not siding with "the lady" in your case, or "the guy and his wife in the situation above", but I can't say that I've never made a mistake or done anything foolish in my life. I've made a milliion of them. That being said, unless the poster had never made a mistake, wishing someone's bike to get run over was just BS to me.
I'm with ya on everything you said in your first post Jeff...just had to add my .02 and get my rant in.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:32 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its like the people that pull up to 7-11 type stores and have to park right in front of the doors and ya I have banged the hood on afew cars/pickups that do it or I just sit and stair at them.......All kinds of dip shiits in this world that think thier crap dont stink.....
They call it a parking lot for a reason dont they....

Old 06-28-2009, 07:11 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

About the same as not yielding to emergency vehicles, That drives me nuts!! I guess they don't realize it could be on its way to give aid to someone they know.

Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 06-28-2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-28-2009, 07:25 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose
About the same as not yielding to emergency vehicles, That drives me nuts!! I guess they don't realize it could be on its way to give aid to someone they know.
I saw that once. A guy wouldn't pull over to let an ambulance go by. The sirens were screaming and lights blinking all over the place and he's just lollygagging it down the road. The ambulance is trapped and he is the only one who can let it get through. I'm thinking, jeez the person taking the ride in that thing might die because idiot brain won't pull over. Where are the cops when you need them?

SURPISE! State trooper nailed the clown and pulled him over. I would have given my eye teeth to hear the conversation but I figure he got what he deserved.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:05 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I hold no pity for anyone who impedes emergency vehicles in anyway, which includes parking in fire lanes. Car, truck, bike, whatever. Hook 'em up and tow 'em away. And then, give 'em big fines to boot. On the highway, all emergency vehicles should have video cams to record the morons who don't yield, then pull their licenses and take their money. Things of this nature are not mistakes. They are intentional acts of stupidity and no mercy should be shown.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:56 PM
pepperoniPITA
Banned

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I see lots of stupid stuff done on bikes and by bikers, but I never wish anything bad to happen to them or their bikes. After reading this post I made a guess and when I looked up at the OP I guessed correctly that you were new to this forum. Take that for what it's worth.
Oh good friggin' grief! So...you're one of those morons who puts full faith in the 'title' given to peoples' numbers of posts and/or time since they became members? These people are completely brainless and have absolutely no right whatsoever to have opinions since they're 'newbies' to a friggin' forum!? If anyones stupid for showing a bias in such a fashion, you just won the booby prize.

Quick Reply: I just laughed out loud