The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F********K!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 10:03 AM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutch110
I waved at a scooter today. In my defense the front end looked like a Gold Wing. I'm so ashamed......
Not a big deal. Why not wave at scooters anyway dick? I just keep my hand out at all times.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Dutch110
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by killer scott
Why not wave at scooters anyway dick?

See post 49. Dick.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:48 AM
yoseppi
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always get a kic out of Harley riders that only wave to other Harley riders. Seems most look down on people riding Goldwings for some reason?? I recently sold on of my Harleys, and took a Goldwing in on a partial trade for a car I was selling on Craigslist. I ride my road king on nice days, and now I ride the older Goldwing to work everyday because it is less cleaning and where I work, there is so much dust, I cant stand halfing to clean for hours just to ride to work.

The older wing is the perfect solution, just ride it and not worry about keeping it so clean. But seems almost nobody except other goldwing riders wave to Goldwings. When I'm on my Harley it all changes, except for the little rice rockets, they seem to care less about anyone.

Remember fellas, the next goldwing rider you see, may also be a Harley rider as well. Treat everyone as equals.

They are all still better than cages.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:06 AM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by yoseppi
The older wing is the perfect solution, just ride it and not worry about keeping it so clean. But seems almost nobody except other Goldwing riders wave to Goldwings. When I'm on my Harley it all changes, except for the little rice rockets, they seem to care less about anyone.
Oh, I don't know. I took a nice little round trip ride today doing some errands and covered close to 100 miles. I passed a number of Harley's and several of them didn't wave. Maybe they were just distracted? I passed a number of Goldwings. All of them waved except one but he was being followed by a crotch rocket and that guy eagerly return my wave!

I've found that there's not constant on this. One thing I definitely try to do is "not" take it personal if someone doesn't return a wave. It's not worth worrying about.

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:05 AM
url8
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dutch110
I waved at a scooter today. In my defense the front end looked like a Gold Wing. I'm so ashamed......
Traitorous BITCH!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:46 AM
yoseppi
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True, true, sometimes I wonder if new riders still wonder why other people on bikes keep waving to them. Never take it personally, but I do get a chuckle from the "hard core" biker types that are too good to wave.

Scooters love it when you wave to them, they are either confused and have no idea what to do, or they wave all crazily back to you.

Originally Posted by Intrepid175
Oh, I don't know. I took a nice little round trip ride today doing some errands and covered close to 100 miles. I passed a number of Harley's and several of them didn't wave. Maybe they were just distracted? I passed a number of Goldwings. All of them waved except one but he was being followed by a crotch rocket and that guy eagerly return my wave!

I've found that there's not constant on this. One thing I definitely try to do is "not" take it personal if someone doesn't return a wave. It's not worth worrying about.

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:26 PM
skydrifter
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know why I keep reading these posts about waving or not waving .I must really be bored here at work. Knowing that my bike is in the parking lot waiting for me to jump on it so that I can start waving at everyone on 2 wheels.
I don't always wave it depends on my mood and if I am paying attention. It doesn't bother me if someone doesn't wave back I don't think twice about it, but I just can't stop reading about it .
This forum is taking me away from work I need help is there a 12 step program to kick this habit .I know, I will just get up from this key board jump on my bike, it’s Friday I will start my weekend early. Oh if I don't wave don't take it personal.