The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F********K!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Harley Joe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn them scooters...I got passed by one last week!!!

Old 06-07-2009, 10:47 PM
DPFhd883
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOW COULD YOU??? Oops, I did the same thing today. It's all good.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Well, good for them! And you. Trade in your HD.
My response was made with consideration of those who think a GoldWing may not be a real, or a capable motorcycle. With $5K + of engine work to my beast, I would be hesitant to try a drag race, certainly not a top speed run or a race thru tight twisties against a competent Gold Wing rider.
I am quite pleased with my Harley and very much enjoy it for what it is much as I also enjoy my sportbike, dual sport and dirt bike.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:32 AM
The Architect
Banned

Originally Posted by Intrepid175
Nothing wrong with waving to a scooter. There may be legitimate reasons for why they're riding one! My Dad is 75 years old and was a long time, hard core, BMW rider. He's gotten older and they've gotten bigger, heavier, and a LOT more expensive. He's been stair stepping down on the size of the bikes he rides for the past 10 years or so. Currently, he's riding a Suzuki Burgman 650 scooter. He bought it because he was having a harder and harder time throwing is leg over his previous ride, also a 650, when it's loaded for a road trip. So far, he's been very pleased with the performance and economy of the bike. He's had it for a little over a year now and has over 16k miles on it. Not bad at all for an old fart!
That's awesome that your Pop's is still riding after 3/4 th's of a century. Sounds like he is sure racking up those miles.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:55 AM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Rode thru a state park the other day, met two youg gals on scooters, gave them a wave, they got big grins on their faces. Kinda made my day.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:22 AM
javablack
Tourer

i do it all the time, its no biggie

Old 06-08-2009, 03:33 AM
DaltonHD
Cruiser

My favorite are the cagers that give the thumbs-up out the window..The dreaded 'Fonzarelli!'

Old 06-08-2009, 06:14 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 496 Likes on 258 Posts

same roads.... same risks.... same rewards
Wave or don't wave.... the choice is yours, whether the wave is returned is THEIR choice.....

Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Dutch110
Tourer

I served my pennance. I was out riding one of my favorite roads yesterday. Nice country two lane blacktop through PA farmland. Fast sweepers. The kind of road on which you just get into a flow. Speed limit is 55. Got stuck behind a guy and his wife on a dresser doing 45.

As for the scooter deal. It's all in jest. It's an inside joke between me and one of my riding buddies. The town we live in is over run with scooters.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:05 PM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Centerline
They wear those colors when riding their Wings 2 up so that the usual Harley rider they just totally blew away, whether on a straight or most any twisty.....
has some chance of seeing them as they melt into the distance.
hahahah that is funny... and not true...Goldwing riders barely do the speed limit. Mostly of them can't keep their IV bags hooked right when they go to fast. I think the average age of the goldwing rider is something like 70 (JK).

It is true though, I can't remember ever being passed by anyone on a goldwing. Ducati's though that is a different story.

I was out riding all weekend. Saw the wingnut pull up to the light opposite me, he almost fell over. I was sure he had to be 90 yrs old.. God bless him and the fact that he still rides. I watched him. He wasn't gonna pass a vespa , little alone a Harley.

Quick Reply: F********K!