The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got stung by a nasty Bee!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:16 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Got stung by a nasty Bee!!!

OK so I am out running errands on the bike and I am on my way home and all of a sudden I feel something stinging the he!! out of my hip(just above it). I knew it was a bee but I was going about 45 mph and was about 5 minutes away from home and was trying to life my tank top up on the side to get the sucker out. Well, I finally got him out but got a nasty swollen bump out of it. This was a first for me on my bike...My bf thinks it was a wasp because the stinger was huge. Anyone else ever get stung while riding?

Old 05-27-2009, 04:47 PM
BugBYter
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Happens sooner or later to just about everyone. Try getting one caught in your hemet straps by your ear. Or bouncing off of your jacket and falling between your legs still buzzing..

Old 05-27-2009, 04:49 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Yep. Nothing like having one fly up inside your helmet. That'll just about cause you to bail off fast.

Glad you're okay, and not allergic to it. To ease the pain, mix some baking soda and water until you get a good paste. It'll draw the poison out and soothe the area.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Heath
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not personally yet, but know a guy who was wearing shorts and one went up the leg. Yikes man! I think a wasp is the only one that can repetitively sting too. The others lose their stinger.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:57 PM
t150vej
HDF Community Team
Received 1,813 Likes on 1,176 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Yep. Nothing like having one fly up inside your helmet. That'll just about cause you to bail off fast.

Glad you're okay, and not allergic to it. To ease the pain, mix some baking soda and water until you get a good paste. It'll draw the poison out and soothe the area.
Yellow Jacket got me in '74 on the interstate. Popped me 3 times (felt like) down inside my ear.... threw the helmet across the median even before I got stopped. Thank goodness I was young - head swelled up bad and was 1 hr from the house.... Not abnormally allergic, but I keep fresh Benadryl on the bike at all times since ever since. ya never know....

Old 05-27-2009, 07:41 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Had a bee get stuck in my hair and it popped me right above the temple. We were cruising on a nice twisty at the time. I was cussin' and hollerin' and trying to get the sumbeech out of my hair. Son of a gun was still alive when I finally got him out. That hurt!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Poorguy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you know it was a nasty bee and not a happy bee that was slightly disturbed at being taken out of his nice little flight path by a biker?

Hasn't happen to me on any of my bikes but has in my work cage. Little bastard came hit me square on the cheek and immediately commenced to stinging the hell out of me. I looks in the side mirror and the bee was gone but the stinger was still there.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Lance03
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took a Yellow jacket to the ear, little **** got me twice, hurt like hell.

Wife took one in the knee at 65mph, starts kicking her leg and moving all over the place, scared the hell out of me.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:02 AM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yellow Jacket got down Shirt in Arizona once, got me about 5 times.
Once I got the bike stopped the People passing in cars must of thought I was Mr. Bonjangles,
I was dancing all over the place.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 AM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup! Twice in the last 3 weeks. It's just part of ridin, unless you want to encase yourself in way too much gear.

Quick Reply: Got stung by a nasty Bee!!!