The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got stung by a nasty Bee!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 03:24 PM
HIKER
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one fly up my jacket sleeve and bite me once.. Just stung a little at first but two days later I had a welt the size of golf ball on my forearm..

Old 05-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Mark 2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here is mine . I was on a ride from Whidbey island about 4 hour ride to home and about one hour in to it my little head started to hurt. I looked down and a bumble bee had declared war, i flicked it off and i could not get the bike stoped fast enough. Needless to say the next 3 hours was the most missery i have had on a bike. That little @^%@%@^ makes ya wish ya had no man hood

Last edited by Mark 2; 06-01-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Captain Badass
Cruiser

Wow, good stories. I had one incident a few weeks ago when I was out and about doing errands as well. I was headed towards town and felt something stab me in the neck. Thought maybe a small rock or something must have been launched at me from a car up ahead. Then my neck started feeling tight and burning, I thought, "Oh $h!t" did I get stung by a bee and mabye Im allergic! But I still felt capable of making it to my next stop when I start to feel the burn and stabbing sensation on the otherside of my neck. At this point it feels like Im bieng choked out while on my bike... I finally made it to the Toys-r-us parking lot where I was meeting my son and his mom to buy him something he had been wanting. I take my jacket off and do a pretty thourough inpsection and i find nothing.... So we continue into the store, walk around for a bit, my neck finally starts feeling better, the choking sensation is gone but still burns a bit. We stop at this isle to look at something and a bee falls off my face!... apparently the dude was hiding in my beard the whole time LOL!!! WTF!! Right away I sent him to meet his maker with my boot.....

Old 06-01-2009, 11:41 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Better photo. They're about the size of a nickel. And at least they don't sting other than on impact.

I caught one of those right smack in the middle of my forehead one day at 'bout 55-60 mph...was crosseyed for a couple miles. On a side note...GG...did ya ever "fly" junebugs as a kid? We would catch 'em...tie a length of sewin thread to one of their legs...and, fly 'em round 'n round...kinda like a po boy's control-line model plane.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I told this story in another "bee" thread, but here goes:

I am riding from where my family lives in Iowa to Chicago. It is a chilly, cloudy morning so I have the sleeves on my leathers zipped and leather gloves on. The sun comes out and it gets warmer about the time I am getting into the heavier traffic entering the Chicago suburbs so I take off my gloves and drop them into the front of my coat, unzip my sleeves (I have a t-shirt on underneath) and proceed to run about 75 mph in heavy expressway traffic.

All of a sudden I feel a burning in my armpit and I realize a wasp is stinging me. It had flown into my leather sleeve and then into my t-shirt sleeve. (hold your arm up in front of you and you can see how the t-shirt hangs) How did I know it was a wasp, you ask? Because a wasp can sting more than once.

I couldn't just let go of the throttle to swat at him so I started trying to crush him in my armpit, which just knocked him down inside my t-shirt where he started stinging me on the love handle. I finally get the bike slowed down and off to the side of the road where I jump off, rip off my leathers and pull up my shirt. The little bastard falls on the ground where I proceed to start stomping him while cussing up a blue streak.

The girl that was on the back of the bike thought I had lost my mind.

Two weeks later I am getting some ink done and tell my artist the story. I now have a little wasp tattooed inside my left bicep up near the pit where I was stung.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:32 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TequilaJohn
I've had bees get hung up in the sleeve of my t-shirt a couple times...but, my best bee story is one I've probably told here before...ya'll just have to suffer thru it again. Many moons ago, I took a ride over to this guy's house that was advertisin a bike for sale. I pull up at the bottom of their rather steep and long driveway, and stop for a minute 'cause they had a biggggg dog at the top raisin all kinda hell at me. I raised up off the seat tryin to get a better look...and, then sat back down...only to be nailed in the **** by sumthin. All of a sudden, the dog seemed inconsequential...and, I rolled on the throttle to the top of their driveway, kicked the stand down, jumped off the scoot clutchin the rear of my jeans tryin to wad up the critter that hit me to keep it from doin it again, and asked the guy in the carport, "I'm here to see the bike, but can I use yer bathroom first?" Much to my surprise, he said yes and told me it was the first door on the left past the kitchen...sooo, I run in thru their kitchen...past his wife who really gave me a funny look as I headed to the toilet clutchin the rear of my jeans...and, into the toilet where I dropped trow and found a yellow jacket. I can only guess that it had been near the top of my jeans, and crawled in when I lifted up off the seat at the bottom of the drive. The folks livin there seemed to relax a bit once I let 'em in on what had happened. Can ya just picture how all that looked to that couple? Better question...would any of ya's have let me into yer bathroom in that scenario?
lol yeah I'd let you go to the restroom but I would probably have the same
confused look on my face that I imagine they had.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Rick14221
Tourer

was driving along in Beaufort, SC one day and a bee hits the top of my windshield and squashes. I start to laugh, then I realize that he isn't dead he flew over the windshield and fell into my crotch area where he stings me in a last great act of defiance. I have to pull in behind a Winn Dixe and pull my pants down and pull the stinger out

Old 06-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Over at the FJR forum a couple of years ago, the sad story was related of a forum members death while riding the mountain roads in Colorado. A riding buddy saw the guy suddenly squirming around on his bike and looked to be swatting something. Poor rider swerved off the curve of road and did not survive the impact with guardrail or whatever other object. A bat was discovered inside the guys shirt.