The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley-vs-Honda

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 10:45 PM
valkowner
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice clip??, but shows some ignorance on the cycle owners who think this is funny. I could get my cycle to sound much more like a nitrous drag funny car if I wanted to, but choose not to since I do not like the noise or rumble factor, neither does my wife. This is my first bike with a radio, 6-disc CD player, and MP3 player and value listening to my music in peace and quiet while riding. The rumble/loudness factor does nothing for me except give me a headache. To prove my point, my harley ultra classic neighbor who is 110% harleymaniac as I rode my cycle by him while he was walking turned to me and put his hand to his ear like he wanted me to rev my engine so he could actually hear it. I pretty much ignored him and idled way down entirely and cranked my tunes. It takes all kinds and to each their own.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by valkowner
Nice clip??, but shows some ignorance on the cycle owners who think this is funny. I could get my cycle to sound much more like a nitrous drag funny car if I wanted to, but choose not to since I do not like the noise or rumble factor, neither does my wife. This is my first bike with a radio, 6-disc CD player, and MP3 player and value listening to my music in peace and quiet while riding. The rumble/loudness factor does nothing for me except give me a headache. To prove my point, my harley ultra classic neighbor who is 110% harleymaniac as I rode my cycle by him while he was walking turned to me and put his hand to his ear like he wanted me to rev my engine so he could actually hear it. I pretty much ignored him and idled way down entirely and cranked my tunes. It takes all kinds and to each their own.

I see you found another old thread to re-open to convince yourself how great your Honda is...you're like a yappy little dog sitting on the porch...btw, that hand to the ear thing? That's not an invitation to rev your engine...that would be a "twisting the throttle" motion with the right hand...what you got was a sly put down that he couldn't hear your sewing machine running...

Last edited by *NIGHT TRAIN*; 09-21-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:57 AM
justjohn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old stuff

Old 09-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Moki Doug
Tourer

Originally Posted by valkowner
To most of us that ride Harley's the sound of the motor is music.
To each his own

Old 09-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member

an oldie but a good poke at the other side