The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Death to Chaps

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009 | 10:15 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member

Wore Chaps in 68 Wet cold fog in SF you dont have to change after riding
2009 in FL its gets cold here durring winter some times have to be dressed nice for work Don't have to change when i get there
i ride daily
IF i catch u lookin at my back side u wont wana be there i am an old fogie with scares

Old 05-11-2009 | 07:03 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ratster
.........., but I say death to the practice of people getting on a forum and complaining about what people wear when they ride.
Here here! I wear them when it is cold out and I don't give a **** whether you think I look good in them or not.

Man, why do I keep clicking on chaps and gloves threads?

Old 05-11-2009 | 08:01 PM
David The Hutt
Tourer

i wear chaps in the winter. and sometimes in the summer, if i am going to a place where i need to wear shorts... i put chaps over the shorts while riding and take them off when i get there. store some flip flops in the bags

florida gets hot.. always be prepared with some shorts and flip flops

Old 05-12-2009 | 08:37 AM
tinman67
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bluzmn59
Here here! I wear them when it is cold out and I don't give a **** whether you think I look good in them or not.

Man, why do I keep clicking on chaps and gloves threads?
Why indeed. Are we just gluttons for punishment, or attracted to conflict?

Old 05-12-2009 | 10:15 AM
capnhook
Ultimate HDF Member

I am confused. Which makes me gayer, my chaps or my gloves? Does wearing them at the same time get me bonus points? Is there anyway to get my queer status on a Harley as high as those that ride **** rockets?

Old 05-13-2009 | 01:08 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior

I think the fear of chaps is just someone whom is showing thier fear of coming out of the closet! They were around LONG before motorcycles , for safety , and that combined with taking the chill out of the cold is just another plus.

Old 05-13-2009 | 02:21 AM
E.Richardson
Tourer

Forget the fact that they protect my legs from a deep chill. I'll pit my chaps, jeans, boots, and t-shirt against your "Affliction" shirt and 1911 jeans any day and at the end of the night we'll see who has the better looking woman on the back of his bike. (Hint: It will be me) REAL women like a MAN on a bike... and that includes a man that knows how to dress for the slide, not for the ride.

Old 05-13-2009 | 03:04 AM
dusty rider
Advanced

I'm on the north side of 60 and I thought my *** looked pretty damn good...but I haven't seen it for a while.

Old 05-13-2009 | 05:47 AM
nhbiker1961
Road Master

For me, the fingerless gloves where thrown out after Micheal Jackson came on the scene. Seriously, I never like them in the first place.

I will only wear chaps its it is really cold. I find what works for me, I have a pair of very comfortable water proof ski pants that double as my rain gear. These fit on the bike better then chaos and they are comfortable or easy to put on unlike chaps.

But most of the time, good old blue jeans are fine for most rides. I picked up a pair of elephant ear lowers that I put on my crash bars when its raining or really cold.

Old 05-15-2009 | 04:12 PM
Mark 2
Advanced

I was reading some thing about AZZ Less chaps and i don't get it. It never fails that when i have my chaps on my AZZ is still their, But it doesnt seem to bother me. All is good

Last edited by Mark 2; 05-15-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Death to Chaps