The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Death to Chaps

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009 | 07:20 PM
maineguy
Novice

+1 amen to that!

Originally Posted by E.Richardson
Jesus... this again. Could you imagine going to a rally, bike show or other biker social gathering where there's hundreds or thousands of bikers then walking through the crowd and stopping each person that wasn't a 'real biker'?!

"Hey, you're wearing chaps - you're stupid and not a biker"
(10 feet later)
"Hey, nice fingerless gloves idiot. You're not a biker"
(4 feet later)
"Nice HOG patch - what, you sit around your dealership all day? You're not a biker."
(12 feet later)
"Nice do rag idiot. You're not a real biker"

From RUB's, do rag's, gloves, chaps, patches... you could just about find something that would make them not a 'real biker'.

+1 amen to that!

I really like having a place like this to trade ideas and get suggestions but I swear some think that owning a Harley and a f**king computer gives them the right to decide what defines a 'real biker'.

Don't like something I'm wearing/riding/standing/hanging? Shove it up your a$$ - I ride and live at my pace -- not yours.

Old 04-26-2009 | 07:37 PM
Drat
Road Warrior

I must be tired or something because I read all the posts just to see where this was going. Okay, I will bite......No bagger, but I do wear chaps. My personal choice is just that....my choice. Let each wear what is comfortable and leave it at that. I just hope that my next Harley does not have a statement that I have to sign to promise to uphold the fashion police image.

Old 04-26-2009 | 09:05 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by E.Richardson
I really like having a place like this to trade ideas and get suggestions but I swear some think that owning a Harley and a f**king computer gives them the right to decide what defines a 'real biker'.
Personally, I think it's the safe anonymity of their fvcking computer that makes some people think that they've got an "expert" opinion and the world is entitled to it...they hide out online playing keyboard commando, because they know that if they start that **** in the real world, they'd get their *** handed to them...

Old 04-27-2009 | 09:51 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SaintBernardus
I'll admit, they do look good on women - but on old geezers who ride baggers, not so much. I hereby declare an end to chaps. Harley is struggling, it needs to attract a younger buyer. You dudes in chaps are scaring them away.
This ol' geezer is 53, been wearin' chaps to ride in bad weather for 35 years. What do you suggest oh great master of fashion? I wear what I wear because it is functional, not because I give a shred of thought to whether or not you care. My concern is that maybe you do care what other guys are wearing, so if wearing chaps means you may not be checking me out any more because of them, cool, I might start wearing them full time.

Old 04-27-2009 | 10:46 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by Tao3535
What the fuuuu...

Old 04-27-2009 | 12:21 PM
kmac89
Tourer

wait your supposed to only wear them when you ride
the things you learn hear

Old 04-27-2009 | 02:10 PM
duoglider
Road Warrior

Chaps are good for breaking the cold wind and obviously offer only a layer of cow hide between skin and ground should there be a sudden gust of gravity. There've been many a cold morning I wish I'd put them on before heading out. Personally I like to have a layer of leather between my jeans and the cold air. It does what it's supposed to and nothing more. They're not bulky like a thermal suit and my wife thinks I look good in them. That's all that counts to me. To each his own.

Old 04-27-2009 | 10:24 PM
SaintBernardus
|
6th Gear

HA! Love this forum, some feisty ****** on here - just the way I like it.

I might have softened up a bit on chaps (not much though). Just don't tell me they come equipped with fringe or tassels - then we'll have a problem.

Old 04-27-2009 | 11:39 PM
Juno
Banned

SaintBernadette cares whether bikers wear chaps? I don't get it?

Old 04-28-2009 | 12:17 AM
Mr Zip
Road Captain

From a middle aged bagger: If you're worried about why people to wear leathers when they ride then you're queerer than a football bat. It's not all sunday rides on sunny days out there son.

Last edited by Mr Zip; 04-28-2009 at 12:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Death to Chaps