The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Death to Chaps

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009 | 09:24 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by njdiver
What part of " Who gives a sh*t what other people wear, don't you understand"?

Spend you energy riding, not worrying about who looks good in Chaps, AKA Assless Chaps.
+1 if you have ever been on a bike when the temps are in the 50's you pretty much don't give a darn about what peps think....

Old 04-26-2009 | 09:24 AM
E.Richardson
Tourer

Removed original post

Last edited by E.Richardson; 04-26-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-26-2009 | 09:39 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

I don't like chaps either and think they look kinda gay but hey this is America and everyone has the right to look how they want so for the people that like them just keep on wearing them and don't worry what others think, I don't.

Seriously though, my legs never really get all that cold with jeans and thermal underwear on and yes I've ridden in the 20s that way before although the low 30s are usually my cutoff limit. My hands are what freezes all to hell on me. I need some good gloves.

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 04-26-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-26-2009 | 09:51 AM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SaintBernardus
I'll admit, they do look good on women - but on old geezers who ride baggers, not so much. I hereby declare an end to chaps. Harley is struggling, it needs to attract a younger buyer. You dudes in chaps are scaring them away.
Is it just old geezers who ride baggers? What about old geezers who don't ride baggers? Ok for them to wear chaps? What about all the young Fat Azz kids running around now days? Talk about an out of shape generation...I am sure they look fabulous in everything they wear (did I just use the word fabulous?)

Why are you checking out old geezers on baggers anyway? Why would you even compare them to women? This statement (They look good on women) implies all women look good in chaps...imho that isn't so true.. I have seen some Big Bertha Butt sisters who should in no way be wearing chaps as a fashion statement.

The idea behind chaps (for motorcycles not cowboys) originally was for leg protection against cold wind, rain,rocks, and any other miscellanoius hazard that might jump up at smack the hell out of your legs.. oh and you can remove them and walk around in normal pants (without road cheese all over em) without to much hassle.

All that said I don't own any chaps, but I damn sure ain't gonna care if anybody else does..plus you're so worried about Harley , but obviously don't care about putting all those cows out of business.

Last edited by ToastedGoat; 04-26-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-26-2009 | 09:56 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SniperCJ
They sure are nice when its 38 degrees outside!
+++1 I don't give a f**k how I look I chaps, if it wasn't for my newly acquired pair, I would have never made it home from Bike Week...

Old 04-26-2009 | 10:17 AM
E.Richardson
Tourer

Jesus... this again. Could you imagine going to a rally, bike show or other biker social gathering where there's hundreds or thousands of bikers then walking through the crowd and stopping each person that wasn't a 'real biker'?!

"Hey, you're wearing chaps - you're stupid and not a biker"
(10 feet later)
"Hey, nice fingerless gloves idiot. You're not a biker"
(4 feet later)
"Nice HOG patch - what, you sit around your dealership all day? You're not a biker."
(12 feet later)
"Nice do rag idiot. You're not a real biker"

From RUB's, do rag's, gloves, chaps, patches... you could just about find something that would make them not a 'real biker'.

I really like having a place like this to trade ideas and get suggestions but I swear some think that owning a Harley and a f**king computer gives them the right to decide what defines a 'real biker'.

Don't like something I'm wearing/riding/standing/hanging? Shove it up your a$$ - I ride and live at my pace -- not yours.

Old 04-26-2009 | 10:35 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by E.Richardson

I really like having a place like this to trade ideas and get suggestions but I swear some think that owning a Harley and a f**king computer gives them the right to decide what defines a 'real biker'.
You are assuming they have a Harley, what we only really know is the computer part!

Last edited by AtkRWC; 04-26-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-26-2009 | 10:36 AM
KSGG
Cruiser

Stops the cold wind, and cheaper than skin grafts.

If we switch to shorts and flip-flops, that'd attract the younger buyers. At least that appears to attract the sweet young things riding on the back of sport bikes.

Last edited by KSGG; 04-26-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-26-2009 | 10:38 AM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior

I'm not a fan of chaps, I opted for overpants. They've got a full-length insulated, removable liner that works great to temps down to 25 deg, and armor on the knees, hips and thighs, waterproof, and include vents for the warmer days.

Old 04-26-2009 | 10:54 AM
coltsfan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
I don't like chaps either and think they look kinda gay but hey this is America and everyone has the right to look how they want so for the people that like them just keep on wearing them and don't worry what others think, I don't.

Seriously though, my legs never really get all that cold with jeans and thermal underwear on and yes I've ridden in the 20s that way before although the low 30s are usually my cutoff limit. My hands are what freezes all to hell on me. I need some good gloves.
I'll stick to the long underwear myself and I ride when I don't see anyone else out, or at least not many.

But everyone should feel free to do whatever they want. Realistically, if it wasn't for old fat guys buying dressers Harley probably still wouldn't be in business.

I agree with you that people shouldn't worry about what other people think, but when I see someone riding a motorcycle and yacking on a cell phone I am going to talk bad about them.

Quick Reply: Death to Chaps