The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update from a long lost forum participant

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 02:13 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Update from a long lost forum participant

So, I dropped by today trying to find some info on the Chillicothe Easyrider Rodeo. I remembered seeing HeatherC and Sean some time ago in Indy at the Slippery Noodle and we briefly spoke about this place. She made it seem to me that some folks may have been wonderin' what I was up to. I was working on a post for my own blog that I haven't been able to post at for some time and thought I would post it here as well, modified for HDF and the fact that I am no longer a sponsor.

Some things in my life have changed drastically in the past couple of months and I’ve been busy dealing with that. I'm gonna use this thread to get you up to date with what's been happening in the life of Dynamike, for those that care

Most of you that have been following Brain Bucket for a while know me as the pro photographer that lives in Nashville, TN and takes pictures of hot ladies. Well, part of this is true. I do take pictures of hot ladies and up until February, I did live in Nashville.

Before Nashville, I used to live in St Marys, GA up. It is from St Marys that I started my relationship with HDF. I also photographed HeatherC for Brain Bucket in St Marys. In October of '07, I decided to close my studio and move back to Nashville to be closer to my family. I focused on Brain Bucket and other web ventures for a while until I decided that I wasn’t going to be able to make a full-time living at it.

That’s when I took a job at Nashville’s oldest Harley dealership, Boswell’s Harley-Davidson, selling motorcycles. I submitted resumes to Boswell’s and Bumpus, but Jason over at Boswell’s acted first. Bubba was restructuring the Madison shop after a cleaning of house so to speak and Jason felt like I would be a good fit in rebuilding the shop and its clientele. I began working there around the first of April in ’08.

That was some fun times! I made lots of great friends at Boswell’s that I hope to never lose touch with, both customers and employees. I try to drop by and see my old friends whenever I’m in town and there’s actually a few of them that have standing invitations to my house and my spare bed.

I made lots of memories as well. I would go to live shows (mostly rock) on average two times a week. I met some really great bands and made some really good friends in the process. Bands like Sam Stone, The Worsties, and Caddle became some of my local favorites. I also saw lots of bigger bands and had some amazing times at those concerts as well. An experience at a Nonpoint show really sticks out for me.

I lived the rock star lifestyle for nearly a year. As a pro photographer in the motorcycle business, I was able to do what most single men can only dream of. I had loads of fun!!! I mean loads!!! As it turns out an educated, intelligent, confident outgoing man of average looks is more attractive and has a better time than a great looking man with average or below average intelligence and obnoxious cockiness.

As much as I enjoyed the life I was living, business was really starting to dwindle to near nothing. I was fortunate that when Bubba was searching for places to make cuts I had made myself indispensable. I took on jobs no one else would or could do. I also volunteered for jobs that led to the creation of a position within the company that literally kept me employed. What started out as a position in motorcycle sales eventually transformed into running the website, selling motorcycles and parts online and on eBay, and supporting media relations.

The position was still heavily commission based and even though I loved being in the motorcycle business, I decided I needed to leave my full-time endeavors in it. I had a skill set that would allow me to earn 2-3 times what I was making at the shop that was pretty much recession proof. The longer I waited to use that skill set the harder it was going to be for me to get back into that industry.

On January 16, I accepted a job in the nuclear industry as a test engineer/operator. That position required I move to southeast Ohio which I did in mid-February. So, now I work inside all day and see the same faces. It’s a big change from the life I lead for the past five years, but I just got to a point where I wanted to maximize my earning potential.

So, what does this mean for Brain Bucket? Well, plans are to keep it running as is. The only difference is that I will be featuring more bikes from the Midwest!

Oh, and I am looking to make some new friends as well! I'll probably head over to Indy to see Sean and HeatherC from time to time. I also spend a lot of time in Cincy and Chillicothe.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:23 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,538 Likes on 8,463 Posts

Congrats......................I guess...
PS: As a Cookvillian, I don't like the
Boswell's parts website.....

Old 04-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Marksman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear from you.
I know what your doing now may not be as glamorous and fun as before.
But it's just another chapter in your life.
The good thing I hear is that you have a good job making good money.

Allot of people would love to have that.
Ride on.
Rick

Old 04-16-2009, 02:31 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

It's kinda bittersweet, the whole move and all.

If you don't like Boswell's parts website, then maybe you should get in touch with Bubba abou what specifically you don't like. I haven't collected a check from him in months, so I couldn't offer any help. I can tell you that he likes to make himself approachable by customers, so you should feel comfortable dropping him a line.

I used to party a bit in Cookeville when I was younger. My high school sweetheart ended up going to college there and I went to Vandy. We dated until the end of her freshman year. I shoulda dumped her sooner. Vandy trim was much nicer!

Old 04-16-2009, 02:35 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

Yeah, I know. I'm very fortunate. Trust me, I'm thankful everyday for what I've been blessed with.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:38 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,120 Likes on 358 Posts

I remember ya. Glad it's workin out for ya. I know the forum has had some "rocky" times to say the least. But it's all good.

Best of luck to ya, and have a great time at your new job.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:24 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 21,538 Likes on 8,463 Posts

Originally Posted by dynamike74
It's kinda bittersweet, the whole move and all.

If you don't like Boswell's parts website, then maybe you should get in touch with Bubba abou what specifically you don't like. I haven't collected a check from him in months, so I couldn't offer any help. I can tell you that he likes to make himself approachable by customers, so you should feel comfortable dropping him a line.

I used to party a bit in Cookeville when I was younger. My high school sweetheart ended up going to college there and I went to Vandy. We dated until the end of her freshman year. I shoulda dumped her sooner. Vandy trim was much nicer!
Thanks Mike.......

Old 04-16-2009, 05:41 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

If you're working in the nuclear industry in SE Ohio, you're in my back yard...I can almost throw a rock and hit the facility from here...it's always good to meet new people, and if you want to get together for a ride sometime, give me a heads up...lots of good people around here...

Old 04-17-2009, 08:38 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
If you're working in the nuclear industry in SE Ohio, you're in my back yard...I can almost throw a rock and hit the facility from here...it's always good to meet new people, and if you want to get together for a ride sometime, give me a heads up...lots of good people around here...
Check your PM's. I just sent you my #. I'm gonna do some exploring this weekend!!!

The hills of Tennessee are famous for great riding, but I think it's because no one has really let them in on the secret in SE Ohio. Don't get me wrong, I love TN. I just can't help but get giddy about riding out here!

Old 04-17-2009, 09:06 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome back Mike.

Quick Reply: Update from a long lost forum participant