The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am becoming a tool junkie

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:09 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,265 Likes on 1,309 Posts

Tools aren't a habit. They are a way of life. Wait until you start buying tools to maintain/work on the tools you have. Then you will reach enlightenment.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:27 AM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can all ways have more tools because there is no such thing as too many tools..Here is a list of have's for the garage that everyone should have....Leaveing out wood/carpentry tools,cement tools,reloading tools,rifle/handgun tools.....
1....3-4 big tool box's...
2....lots of hand tools...
3....6-10 differant air tools...
4....Big Compressor.....
5....Welder...
6....Cutting tourch.....
7....a load of specialty tools....
This is just a start heeheehee.......

Old 04-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i have and can use rabbet plane. my favorite tool is a pull saw. power tools are for power fools.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Danowert
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can never have enough tools or tool boxes.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:05 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had to build a Man Cave to put mine in 33' X 60' and the 2 car garage has a lot in it also
mig tig stick 2 lathes 2 lifts brake english wheel and on & on

Old 04-15-2009, 09:13 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

English Wheel.................SWEET.....

Old 04-15-2009, 10:30 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

There are worse addictions to have. Tools are to men what shoes are to women. If you don't have way more than you're ever need, there's something wrong.

If I had to pay someone to do all the work around the house and on all our vehicles we'd be in the poorhouse. So I figure whatever I spend on tools, I'm saving us money. Yea, that's the ticket, I'm saving money dear.

True though. Wife tried to compare her buying a 4th or 5th motorcycle coat with me buying tools. I sure set her straight on that. What money did her coats ever save us.!!!!.

And then when I was able to get back in the house I told her another thing

Old 04-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick1972
Yes tools rock, but you cannot have a complete set without the duct tape and "bailing" wire... My dad could fix anything with bailing wire. Hell, I got a 100 ft spool hanging on the peg board as we speak.
Bwahahaha I know this "OLD Geezr" in Quamba, that has one of them, TOO. In fact, I jus' saw him this mornin',........................... IN THE MIRROR !!!!!!

ATTN: ALL Tool Junkies - There is a 12 step group that meets EVERY Sat. afternoon. IT is Nat'l, and meets at your nearest SEARS, in the 'tool' section. BRING a friend or fellow 'junkie'.

I have been 'blessed'. Both the wimmin, I have had in my 'adulthood' ( ), have NEVER quibbled, when I said, "HEY, I "NEED" that for XYZ"
Some of the peeps we ride with, call me "The Tool King" after they see what we have stashed around here. I can build a house from the ground up (minus the excavation) or tear an HD apart and back together.
My philosophy has always been, Joe Blow wants X $$$ to do such and such. I can buy the tool, do the job, and then have the tool to REPEAT the job, at YOUR house or on YOUR scoot, and then get PAID for it.

When you look in my van at Sturgis, there will be enough tools in there, to 'operate' on most HDs, including an air compressor, and air tools. The last 2 trips to Sturgis, I have made enough $$ in the campground, to almost pay for the whole 'vacation'. (BUT I don't carry them to make $$, I carry them because I ride a pan and a shovel. I NEED THEM !!! Bwahahaha )

My fav?? I had a guy give me a 36" Crescent wrench when I was a maintenance tech at a foundry in the Cities. Still have 'some' of my Dad's tools, BUT they are ONLY used in the grudge.

My kid's FINALLY caught on a couple of years ago. They buy REALLY good quality tools for me, cause they realize, they are going to get them.
The 'latest' one, is the Rigid miter saw cart/table. AWESOME piece of 'artistry'.
AND I am a fanatic 'bout taking care of them. I still have, and use, the first DeWalt sawall, I bought BEFORE my youngest was born, and he just turned 24 in Jan.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 8,378 Likes on 4,342 Posts

And then, you gotta have back-ups like a small air compressor so you don't have to fully cycle the big one! And specialty stuff, like adding a MIG welder and plasma cutter. And after you finally get all the hardware, then you gotta build a tool crib so you have enough spare bits, welder tips, air tools and repair parts to last three lifetimes!
Originally Posted by ranger56528
You can all ways have more tools because there is no such thing as too many tools..Here is a list of have's for the garage that everyone should have....Leaveing out wood/carpentry tools,cement tools,reloading tools,rifle/handgun tools.....
1....3-4 big tool box's...
2....lots of hand tools...
3....6-10 differant air tools...
4....Big Compressor.....
5....Welder...
6....Cutting tourch.....
7....a load of specialty tools....
This is just a start heeheehee.......

Old 04-16-2009, 11:33 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,640 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Arrow When I'm RICH

Originally Posted by Grammaton
Nothing wrong with tools. Tool boxes, that where the trouble always starts. They're like tackle boxes, buy a new one, and you have to fill it up.
In my fantasy when I hit the Lottery, the first 2 items bought; Beer & Tools.
I'm just a simple guy with simple wants/needs.

Quick Reply: I am becoming a tool junkie