The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I reuse my gremlin bell?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:56 PM
MISFIT456
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mtnbikerx
So THAT'S what the frikin tinkle bell is. I saw a whole selection of the things at the HD dealer last Saturday. I use one on my mountainbike to keep bears away. Are bears a problem on Harley's too?

(Did I leave enuff openings here?)
A lot of the Hikers and Kayakers were using the "bells and pepper spray trick" to scare off bears around here. Now you can't hardly go in the woods without findin bear scat that smells like pepper and jingles when you step on it!!! BWAHAAHAAHAA!!!

Old 04-15-2010, 09:11 PM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Retired my two bells when I traded in the RoadKing. They are hanging on the garage wall by the picture if it. One kind of deformed from the wreck, the other looking nice. When I bought the new bike the dealer gave me a new one, my friend there gave me one, and when I got home my wife and kids gave me one. I think that I am well covered unless you hear something like "biker goes down on the highway when a small bell blows out his rear tire. Small green gremlins seen running from the scene"

Old 04-16-2010, 09:10 AM
1984Ironhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by BobStreetBob
Yes but you'll need an adaptor and special tool.
Metric ?

Old 04-16-2010, 09:42 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,966 Likes on 6,658 Posts

That depends......Do you have the deluxe model? Holds more gremlins.

Over the years, with all the close calls I've gotten away with, my bell must have the capacity of a school bus.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:11 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Be bad luck for who ever buys the old bike, if you didn't mean to leave the bell fir them. I think

Old 12-31-2014, 08:00 AM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, as long as you get a hot stripper to rub some lady juice on it to restore it's magical power.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Mickey Shane
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by splattttttt
Be bad luck for who ever buys the old bike, if you didn't mean to leave the bell fir them. I think
I have 2 bikes that I bought used. The first one came with 2 bells. The second bike came with one gremlin bell.

I considered that they belonged on the bikes and were therefore given to me. I don't remember an up charge for them. Should I sell one of those bikes, the bell(s) will stay in the place where they belong, not on my wall. Bells do not belong on walls.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:27 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

I'mn't the superstitious kind, but i know's what is bad mojo.
Take'em off! Now if it were a direct sale and previous owner says; "Imma throwin in tthe bell"... that be good mojo. Fact!

Old 02-08-2015, 07:10 AM
Afishinado
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Funny this thread popped up today, traded my 12 RG on a new 15 yesterday and was taking off that which I was keeping and emptying the saddle bags, wondered the same thing. Thought my wife bought this one for me when I got the 12, has the USMC logo on it, and I think it goes with me, not the bike, so it is going on the 15...

Should mention that momma DID NOT think buying a new bike at this time was keeping with our 'priority' list order, might not buy me another bell right away... Always easier to ask forgiveness than permission LOL.....

Old 02-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 658 Likes on 435 Posts

Always easier to ask forgiveness than permission LOL.....
Did the sales guy use that line on you by chance? I swear every "toy" salesman (bike, boat, you name it) has trotted that out when I told them I'd be discussing the purchase with my wife. The Harley sales guy was pretty cool with me when I told him that I'd want my wife to be part of the purchase process, the other sales guys tried to pull the "who wears the pants in your family" bit. My reply is always that it's a major purchase and I respect my wife too much to treat her that poorly. They have no comeback to that one.

It was my wife who saw the Limited sitting on the showroom floor, and said "That looks like a nice one". She was right.

Quick Reply: Can I reuse my gremlin bell?