The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I reuse my gremlin bell?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:53 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To hell with that ground hog crap, You can tell if it's gonna be six more weeks of winter by the threads posted. Yep more winter!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JBaker421
Yes. And don't let anyone give you any chit about those bells. They absolutely work. I've had them for years and I've never been bothered by gremlins.
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Oh and I'm in agreement with JBaker, they do work great. Never a problem from any gremlins.
Just to set the record straight, no bell is gonna save you, when it is your time it is your time, been ridin with out a silly a$$ bell for over twenty years, never wrecked, but if it happened tomorrow, then it was suppose to happen. just pay attention to whats going on around you and think about possible escape routes and you should be fine with out a bell.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats the first time I've heard it called a gremlin bell.

I've got 2 on mine and they are going wherever I'm going, no matter what I'm going on and for as long as I'm going. Its a going thing.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:26 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

trade it over to the next ride

Old 02-24-2009, 09:36 AM
pigpipes
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bells, schmells. I prefer to sacrifice a virgin.

It should also be noted that I have quite a collection of bells in the shop that were removed from wrecked bikes....

Old 02-24-2009, 09:38 AM
l.ray
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=dope_man_21;4605426]Just to set the record straight, no bell is gonna save you, when it is your time it is your time, been ridin with out a silly a$$ bell for over twenty years, never wrecked, but if it happened tomorrow, then it was suppose to happen. just pay attention to whats going on around you and think about possible escape routes and you should be fine with out a bell.[/quote
Whoa! Who chit in your grits? It's a forum.... loosen up L.ray

Old 02-24-2009, 09:52 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,966 Likes on 6,658 Posts

It's rough for a Gremlin trying to retire right now. His 401K has tanked, so he needs to keep working. If he's union, maybe you can negotiate his contract.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:56 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
Just to set the record straight, no bell is gonna save you, when it is your time it is your time, been ridin with out a silly a$$ bell for over twenty years, never wrecked, but if it happened tomorrow, then it was suppose to happen. just pay attention to whats going on around you and think about possible escape routes and you should be fine with out a bell.
??? You do realize we're joking, right?

Old 02-24-2009, 10:05 AM
BikerBabeMullins
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by herkdavis
I traded in my Road King but I kept my gremlin bell. Will it work on my Street Glide?
we do not have a bell on our harley yet, but thats because i havent found the perfect bell to get for my husband. even tho we are not supersticous, he will have a bell because he wants to have that extra protection.

herk, seems as tho there are A LOT of opinions about the bell. some legit, some quite bs. heres my $0.02...do what you feel is right for you. if that bell has kept you safe thru the years, keep it and put it on the new bike. then, if you are given a new bell, then you have 2 bells. or you can do like someone else said, hang that bell up with a picture of the old bike and let it be for memories. its up to you.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:41 AM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is my understanding that the bell transfer will work as long as you are wearing your fingerless gloves when you do the transfer.

Quick Reply: Can I reuse my gremlin bell?