The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "Biker" Treatment ... Retaliation Fun

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 10:57 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Is this your "biker" treatment story? After reading this story the term that pops into my head is poser, pretty transparent at that.
450 miles per day averaging 60 MPH = 7.5 hrs Plus time to pack up and you arrive before closing time at the dealer. Then have time to go home, get the wife to change clothes. Drive a truck that may or may not make the long trip to the dealer and back.
Seriously, I can go on a week long trip, camping, fishing or motorcycle. I still find time and resources to clean up. Even on the easiest trips (motel every night) I wouldn't stop at a car dealer on the way home, I wouldn't be in car buying frame of mind or have the time.

I hope you didn't use these tactics as a lawyer, the lies are just too transparent.
I guess the old adage it true "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:02 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Same thing happened to me....
I went to a gun dealer,,,, wanting to purchase a high powered rifle w/scope,
I was also wearing an $1800 Brooks Brothers suit with very nice shoes.
Salesman took one look at me,, said , "NO WAY, you'll shoot your eye out!!"

I went home, got my bike gear on, jumped on the bike,,, came back...........
found the persnickity little salesman .. and ,,, SHOT HIM!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2009, 11:03 AM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not so far off,I went to a dealer to trade up on pickups,drove my 07 Tacoma to a GM dealer and no one would come out so I went in,told a guy that I wanted to trade up and he said I more then likely owed to much on the Tacoma and It wouldnt work then went about his biz,Then went to the Ford dealer told him the same thing,he said lets take a test ride,so off we went,came back told him I wanted to trade for the 08,he took down some info left for a bit came back and said will fill the tank and wash it for ya..........Off I went in my new pickup......Went back to the GM dealer found the salesman and said remember me,then told him that the New ford right there is my new trk,he said bet ya took it in the shorts I said nope the Tacoma was payed off.....anyway.....

Never ever Judge a book by its cover.........

I was wearing dirty jeans and a old tanktop and a dirty work jacket...

Old 02-22-2009, 11:09 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

I drove my son's VETTE to a HD dealer to buy the wife a sportster,,,,
the persnickity little salesman ,,,rolled his eyes,,said,,,phhtttttt!
whispered "poser" under his breath as he walked away????

WAS IT MY SHOES?????

Old 02-22-2009, 11:11 AM
GT_RoadGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I have a story. It was the spring of 1969 and I was a young guy just out of Vietnam and the USMC. I had a pretty bad attitude but I cleaned up nice. I had a good job and decided that I should be driving a brand new 1969 Oldsmobile 442 W32. I called the local dealer told him what I wanted. After we spoke for a while I said I would be in after work to do the deal. Now my drive at the time was a 1969 Chev two-door sedan white over green with the back window laying in a thousand pieces on a road just outside of Palm Springs, CA. When I arrived and walked into the show room I saw this 442 convertable that was fantastic! I climbed in, found the key and the demo tape (8 track tapes!) and was listening to the demo tape when a "salesman" came over, leaned over me and pulled the tape out of the deck. His comment to me;"We don't do that hear." I asked him who he was as I got out of the car. The salesman I spoke with recognized my voice and came at a run. I asked for the sales manager. When he came I explained how they just lost a sale because this jerk had no idea how to treat a young customer. I drove 20 miles south to a small town dealer, found a great salesman who didn't care how old I was or what a person wore. I'll never forget what he said to me; "Everyone's money is the same color." I ordered my 442 from him and paid cash for it when it arrived.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:17 AM
luckyB
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I normally don't comment on threads like this... but damn... that story has to be the biggest pile of BS I've ever read on this forum...

Old 02-22-2009, 11:25 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

that's what I was thinkin,,, why is'nt it over in the B/S thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:26 AM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps a new title for this thread?

"A boring tale of two boors" sounds good....

Old 02-22-2009, 11:32 AM
budwfo
Road Captain

BULL$HIT thread....

Old 02-22-2009, 11:38 AM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

I went into a convenience store once, wearing an $1800 Brooks Brothers suit with very nice shoes (that I won in a poker game from an arrogant lawyer), to buy a package of bubble gum for my daughter........

Quick Reply: The "Biker" Treatment ... Retaliation Fun