The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "Biker" Treatment ... Retaliation Fun

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
No. But I got treated pretty crappy at an H-D dealership one day when I showed up in my PD uniform. No way a cop could possibly afford a Harley.

I had a dealership do me that way. I was looking at Ultras and the guy kept taking me over to the Sportsters. Nothing wrong with a Sportster, just not what I needed. The guy even made some comment about the fact that with my being a cop, I wouldn't ride one enough to need an Ultra anyway. The dealership that I bought from (see pic below) treated me like a prince in my old beat up Carhartt AND knowing that I am a police officer. After I did buy my bike I didn't return to the first dealership to rub it in. They will figure it out when they are going hungry. They are competing dealerships.

As for the OP, you apparently have self-esteem issues and need to reinforce your self worth. Let me help you. You are a good person, people like you. You are extremely important to our society and people look up to you due to your position and wealth. And before you go thanking me, don't worry about it. This is the internet, the couch time is free.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:49 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow...a Brooks Brothers suit, huh? Did it have a zip-out liner, front/real vents, kidney belt....

Old 02-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
Last time I did a road trip like that, they still had sinks in gas stations. And if ya ever spent any time in a uniform, ya know how to 'shower' in a sink, or a helmet. I cheat like H*LL now, I pay the $4, and take a hot shower at the truck stops. Then enjoy eggs, steak, hash browns and wheat toast.

Glad ya stuck it to 'im, and then broke it off. That'll show that snooty li'l RUB, the bastud.
BUT I ain't never had a lawyer treat me 'that' way cause I looked like a biker, NO SIR, that ain't never happenend. Let me guess, Humility 101 is NOT one of the courses you teach at kolledge.

Sometimes, rarely, and occassionally, some things are left better, unsaid. I'll unsaid, here. Some should follow.

"Maybe you have NO IDEA who you are talking to."
"Maybe I DON'T give a rat's azz, who I'm talking to."

QWIK, can you pick out the 2 lawyers in this pic????? How 'bout the 5 preachers??? The several convicted felons? The ex 1%ers?? How 'bout the guys with enough cash to buy a SE CVO Ultra??

Exactly. Well put.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:02 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might get flamed for considering a honda but in 97 I had had it with my old 1974 FL shovelhead. It would need major repairs after every long trip. Harley at the time had long waiting list and jacked up prices and I considered a Honda Valkarie. Me and my buds (long hair, beards and riding our hogs) walked into the Honda showroom I found a Valkarie I liked and waited for help. And waited. Every time a neat looking clean cut preppie came in the door a salesman would run and help him. One came walking past me ignoring my trashy self, so I grabbed his arm and asked if he could help me. He shook free and said he was busy. Well I informed him of what I thought of him. (LOUDLY) told him to do an impossible sex act with himself. went to the Harley Dealer and Paid cash for an overpriced Super Glide. Drove it to the Honda dealer and showed it to the Manager along with the reciept (CASH PAID) Screw Honda!

Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 AM
humbuster
Tourer

Not impressed.

My time is too valuable to waste it on bull.**** Wouldn't you be happier riding your bike or your new expensive (paid in cash) car than "proving" something to someone who is insignifcant?

Last edited by humbuster; 02-22-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:12 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, you wanted to let us all know you got a new vette.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:28 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

From reading all the post's on this forum, I thought everyone that rides an HD was rich. At least that's what lots of poster's or should that be poser's here always say. Otherwise they would all ride Honda's. Maybe he just had some poser looking at the 'Vette before you, all dressed up in his pirate costume and chromed out bike and didn't have a pot to pee in. Just sayin'?

Old 02-22-2009, 09:30 AM
RomeoKilo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new vette. I don't have one nor could I afford it. My dad does though and I drive it all the time. Great car.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:59 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 770 Posts

So you ran into a salesman with little, none or poor training. Maybe he was a loser, maybe he was a newbie, but he made you jump through hoops to prove something to both of you. I wonder who won and who lost that little bit of drama.
I sold BMW bikes and cars for 20 years and it didn't take long to figure out you just never know who you're dealing with based on image. I actually looked forward to dealing with the more "down to earth" types since they rarely cared what anybody else thought about how they looked and didn't spend ridiculous amounts of money to look "right", leaving more cash for toys and fun.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 AM
TerryFXST
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister

QWIK, can you pick out the 2 lawyers in this pic????? How 'bout the 5 preachers??? The several convicted felons? The ex 1%ers?? How 'bout the guys with enough cash to buy a SE CVO Ultra??
I can't pick out any of those people, Gump, but, I'd be happy if you would do me a favor. The next time you speak to that dude on the back row, left, would you please commend him on that beard for me? That is a beard to be aspired to. My hat's off to him.

Last edited by TerryFXST; 02-22-2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Typing error...

Quick Reply: The "Biker" Treatment ... Retaliation Fun