The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad.... But true

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 11:21 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scoteh
All of the scenarios have been stretched a little too far, but there is truth in the idea. At the very least, they made me chuckle AND shake my head.
... and that is why i posted it

i got a good laugh out of it anyways... lol

Old 01-25-2009, 08:09 PM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try leaving a shotgun in a rack on a High School parking lot today and you'll be serving a vacation in the gray bar Hotel!

Old 01-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Dozzer
Advanced

I'm only 29... If I did wrong I got the belt or razor strap, every time. My dad never punished me any other way, never hit me otherwise either... I knew when I got caught what was goin to happen.. I never thought twice about it.. You're bad, you get your a$$ whipped.. My dad has been my best friend since I can remember. Taught me more than anyone else.. How to work, play, treat women, hunt, fish, ride, to be a man...

I now have two boys of my own.. I don't believe in 'time out'.. I will raise my boys as I was raised..

It is sad to see these stories that are too close to completely accurate..

Old 01-25-2009, 09:41 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned

Originally Posted by Dozzer
I'm only 29... If I did wrong I got the belt or razor strap, every time. My dad never punished me any other way, never hit me otherwise either... I knew when I got caught what was goin to happen.. I never thought twice about it.. You're bad, you get your a$$ whipped.. My dad has been my best friend since I can remember. Taught me more than anyone else.. How to work, play, treat women, hunt, fish, ride, to be a man...

I now have two boys of my own.. I don't believe in 'time out'.. I will raise my boys as I was raised..

It is sad to see these stories that are too close to completely accurate..
I was raised the same way... pick a switch, belt or paddle, my choice. I even got slapped in the face by my mom a few times for having a mouth... you learn quick lmao

I see kids talking back to their parents way bad at the store, gas stations and so on..... if that was me when i was a kid, my dad would have buried me out in the desert somewhere...and just told the cops and school I was defective, gimme a year i'll bring you a new one hahahahaahahaa

kids have nothing to fear from parents anymore..because they don't get spanked like back in the day.

never had to spank my daughter (16 now)... she's never even been grounded, I lucked out with her. Now my wifes son is a differnt story but he's not mine so i let her deal with it... but i did sit him down and layed out some ground rules... and on his 18th birthday he would either get 2 things.... a great gift, or knocked out. He's a good kid now.... i just tell him stories of what happened to me when i was a kid...that usually get's him back on path, that and the 18th birthday knockout punch ahahahaahahaa

Last edited by PaleRearEnd; 01-25-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:03 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Scenario 3:

Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1958 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good
paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and
does not disrupt class again.

2008 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He
is then tested for ADD. The school gets extra money from the state
because Jeffrey has a disability.

This is total BS as my oldest daughter has ADHD and struggled through private schools grades K-9. In 9th grade her MD put her on ADDERALL which is similar to Ritalin. She is now a high school senior with a 3.9 gpa in advanced mathmatics, physics & chemistry. She has been accepted to 3 private universities so far this month and won an academic scholarship worth $30,000 to one of them to major in Computer Science. She is 18 years old, has a part time job (4 days a week) and spends the rest of her time on school work. Without the adderall she might not have graduated from high school.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:35 PM
xd.404life
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rabbit_
What a load of crap.
Rabbit is still in therapy for being hugged by his elementry teacher for getting beat up by a girl.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BUCKETASS
.... if that was me when i was a kid, my dad would have buried me out in the desert somewhere...and just told the cops and school I was defective, gimme a year i'll bring you a new one
LMAO. We didn't live in the desert, but I probably would have been planted in a cornfield somewhere.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Candy Red
Tourer

Originally Posted by fxdwg_rugby
Try leaving a shotgun in a rack on a High School parking lot today and you'll be serving a vacation in the gray bar Hotel!
In the 60s not only were there NO gun free zones. We carried rifles to school to shoot in the school marksman team.

If you pulled a girls pigtails, or dropped a frog down her dress, you did not get thrown out for sexual harassment (you might get beat up by her big brother, unless she likes you)

The few fat kids had to play ball with the rest. They were not excused for being fat.

It was even worse in my mothers day, girls could not wear pants to school!!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member

Good stuff! I love it... Thanks BUCKETASS.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:59 PM
bbaz100
Cruiser

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Scenario 3:

Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1958 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good
paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and
does not disrupt class again.

2008 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He
is then tested for ADD. The school gets extra money from the state
because Jeffrey has a disability.

This is total BS as my oldest daughter has ADHD and struggled through private schools grades K-9. In 9th grade her MD put her on ADDERALL which is similar to Ritalin. She is now a high school senior with a 3.9 gpa in advanced mathmatics, physics & chemistry. She has been accepted to 3 private universities so far this month and won an academic scholarship worth $30,000 to one of them to major in Computer Science. She is 18 years old, has a part time job (4 days a week) and spends the rest of her time on school work. Without the adderall she might not have graduated from high school.
Good luck for your daughter. I'm in IT, with a CS degree. Here is where the drug helped the person, not the school.

Quick Reply: Sad.... But true