The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aren't we all just posers really?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009 | 04:33 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member

leather and jeans shouldnt go together.cough cough......

Old 02-02-2009 | 10:47 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member

I am sitting on my bike (Posing)

Will that work

Old 02-06-2009 | 07:26 PM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Cockroach
anyone with a bike that costs more than a car is a poser
World’s Most Expensive Car
What is the most expensive car in the world? The 1931 Bugatti Royale Kellner Coupe was sold for $8,700,000 in 1987. However, that car and many alike will not be included in this list because it is not available on the market today. It is hard to imagine someone would actually spend 8 million dollars on a car instead of using it for something more productive. However, if you have the money and the opportunity, you will definitely spend a small fraction of it to place supercars in your garage.
1.Bugatti Veyron $1,192,057. This is by far the most expensive street legal car available on the market today. It is the fastest accelerating car reaching 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. It claims to be the fastest car with a top speed of 253 mph+. However, the title for the r]
goes to the SSC Ultimate Aero which exceed 253 mph pushing this car to 2nd place for the fastest car.

If that is the case then I'm pretty sure no one here is a poser. If you have a bike that cost more than these cars, can I get a loan ?

Last edited by ToastedGoat; 02-06-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-06-2009 | 07:57 PM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior

Posers? Well I guess you can count me in too.

I did the "hard" biker in my younger years. got out 6 years ago.. you don't hear old 1% saying oh look they are "posers". You might hear em use 4 letter words or worse but mostly anyone on a run not wearing a cut is a civilian biker. who came up with this poser stuff anyway.. I have built/rebuilt bikes, worked on friends bikes, rode a rigid for a short while, joined a MC, left a MC (in good standing).

Bought new bike, new leathers, new helmet, ect.... had to, I sold all my stuff when I sold the 86' so that must make me look like a poser.

I'm new to this site, but I have read quite a few threads and posts on here. I see lots of misconceptions in the "biker" world.... not all 1% are unshaven tattooed neanderthals , some are Doctors, lawyers, computer geeks, chemist, business men, ect.

Lots of people think they (1%) are the "real deal" . I have run more miles per year, before I joined the club, and since I left the club,..... and MOST CIVILIAN just regular ole bikers usually run as many or more miles too.

To me it is just stupid posturing, or their insecurities ..someone trying to make themselves "better" than the next guy.....Who cares.. man just get on a scoot and ride, whatever works for you is your deal, not anyone else. You wanna wear a pink tutu and a viking helmet on your bike then go ahead. TO EACH THEIR OWN , and if you see a newbie or RUB , tell em hey man lets go riding , the beers on you, (hey if they are RUBS they can afford it)....you just might make a friend.

P.S. to the guy that referenced the movie Wild hogs. Maybe you should watch less TV it's fiction , not real, fake, Hollywood fodder, fun to watch but not real. 4 guys trying to stand off 50 guys in a real MC..well

I know this is real long I apologize, just spouting off on my soap box.

Last edited by ToastedGoat; 02-06-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-06-2009 | 08:47 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Cool

Originally Posted by ToastedGoat
Posers? Well I guess you can count me in too.

I did the "hard" biker in my younger years. got out 6 years ago.. you don't hear old 1% saying oh look they are "posers". You might hear em use 4 letter words or worse but mostly anyone on a run not wearing a cut is a civilian biker. who came up with this poser stuff anyway.. I have built/rebuilt bikes, worked on friends bikes, rode a rigid for a short while, joined a MC, left a MC (in good standing).

Bought new bike, new leathers, new helmet, ect.... had to, I sold all my stuff when I sold the 86' so that must make me look like a poser.

I'm new to this site, but I have read quite a few threads and post one here. I see lots of misconceptions in the "biker" world.... not all 1% are unshaven tattooed neanderthals , some are Doctors, lawyers, computer geeks, chemist, business men, ect.

Lots of people think they (1%) are the "real deal" . I have run more miles per year, before I joined the club, and since I left the club,..... and MOST CIVILIAN just regular ole bikers usually run as many or more miles too.

To me it is just stupid posturing, or their insecurities ..someone trying to make themselves "better" than the next guy.....Who cares.. man just get on a scoot and ride, whatever works for you is your deal, not anyone else. You wanna wear a pink tutu and a viking helmet on your bike then go ahead. TO EACH THEIR OWN .

P.S. to the guy that referenced the movie Wild hogs. Maybe you should watch less TV it's fiction , not real, fake, Hollywood fodder, fun to watch but not real. 4 guys trying to stand off 50 guys in a real MC..well

I know this is real long I apologize, just spouting off on my soap box.
Well said man, I wear leather becuase I like it and it helps protect my skin which is real expensive to replace. I don't pose, I just feel good ridin and wearing what I like.

Old 02-07-2009 | 07:30 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

We have our own 1%'ers on here......the ones who want to define a poser. My car is a company truck, 2003 Ford F150 long ago paid for by the company so my bikes costs more. What a poser I am! Oh yeah, when it's 30 F or cooler the scoot stays in garage....yep, poser again.

The majority of us on here like to ride and could care less what others wear, ride or do. Like to poke fun at the term "poser" and could care less what others think.

Old 02-07-2009 | 11:08 AM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by jandlcars
I am sitting on my bike (Posing)

Will that work
Hahaha!!! When was that pic in the 70"s Jc?????? hehe!

Old 02-07-2009 | 02:23 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master

I bought my first Harley back in 1972 when I was twenty years old - see picture below - and have been riding them ever since. Back then there were no posers or yuppies and you either rode a motorcycle or you didn't.

Old 02-07-2009 | 05:43 PM
spikeofwoolsey
Cruiser

My non-riding friends always ask if all i ever wear are black t's, HD hats and leather. I say yes because i can. Only a poser if you dont have a bike, thats my opinion.

Old 02-08-2009 | 05:36 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member

I always get a kick out of the poser, non-poser threads here...

WTF difference does it make...

Yeah... I paid more for my bike than I did my car... after all, I only use the car when I have too... and it now 10 years old...

I've got two bikes... the Sportster and the CrossBones... Since I've had the CrossBones I've put twice the mileage on the Sportster as I have the new bike... go figure...

I've had fingerless gloves since the late sixties (homemade of course) and have a pair today (store bought)... I wear them when I need to as well as the other stuff I've got...

I've never put much stock in what people think I should or shouldn't be... I've been in and out of style so many times over the years it aint funny, but for the most part haven't changed what I wear...

Tag me as you will... I'll be the same tomorrow, next month, next year.......

Charlie D.

Quick Reply: Aren't we all just posers really?