The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aren't we all just posers really?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009 | 12:51 AM
rocketrotary
Advanced

Well stated!

Old 01-25-2009 | 10:00 AM
Rhonda
|
Road Warrior

I sure have enjoyed the replies to this post, it's been lots of fun!

On the serious side though, my true feelings about "posers" is that there isn't such a thing. Everyone that rides, no matter what they put on, or don't put on, rides because they want to and enjoy it. If they don't enjoy it, they don't ride long.

I never go around wondering whether or not someone thinks I look cool, or if I look like a biker chick (whatever that looks like). We love the leather, we buy the HD T-Shirts, and other HD things and we don't worry about what anyone thinks, we buy it because...we just want to. I've been told many times that I just don't LOOK like I ride and I always ask "what does a woman that rides supposed to look like?" It's really amusing. But my husband and I have a great time riding, seeing places, and just enjoying ourselves on our bike. That is not posin'! lol!

Ok, enough of this seriousness. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Old 01-25-2009 | 10:35 AM
confederate
Most Wanted

Originally Posted by BigG2009FLHRC
Well, Rhonda, I guess I don't care if you call me that but I like it to be spelled POSEUR like the French.
Damn!!! Are you french???

Old 01-26-2009 | 10:58 AM
WeatherMan85
Intermediate

i posted in a different thread before i read this one because i didn't know if i was a poser. now i pretty much know i am not. i too love the HD shirts by the way. it lets everyone who doesn't ride know where you have been. i can't wait to get my herley out this spring. i havn't riden it yet. in fact it gets delivered tomorrow.

but snowman from the lancaster ohio bikers org. said knees in the breeze was good enough

Old 01-26-2009 | 04:01 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

I pose ,,,as a puter geek,keyboard comando,,,,,
actually,,, I aint got a clue!

Old 01-27-2009 | 07:29 AM
morrishuckeba
Tourer
Talking

Rhonda I would like to see you pose in lather pans, that would make you a real biker. Safe riding to you and yours.

Old 01-31-2009 | 08:50 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master

Let's see...In real life I'm just an ordinary smuck. But when I look at photos of myself I seem to look like some sort of tough guy. I've looked this way long before I started to ride. I'm not trying to look like a hit man, but sometimes I just do. Now insert a Harley into this picture and I look like a real bad boy at times.

Yes, I have a black leather riding jacket and black chaps. I enjoy the ritual of getting ready to ride. I guess I'm posing for myself more than anyone else. My man in black alter ego keeps the smuck in me happy.

Old 02-02-2009 | 02:49 PM
Cockroach
Road Captain

anyone with a bike that costs more than a car is a poser

Old 02-02-2009 | 03:41 PM
NewHarleyGear
Road Warrior
Cool Poser Clarification:

Wikipedia definition;
Poser is a 3D rendering software package for the posing, animating and rendering of 3D polymesh human and animal figures.

Please meet the real Mrs. Poser.

Attached Thumbnails Aren't we all just posers really?-ayaface.jpg  

Last edited by NewHarleyGear; 02-02-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2009 | 04:27 PM
smudge
Tourer

I don't think so. My leather gear is for protection; I have been down a few times, plenty of broken bones but all my skin is still there. I don't wear fingerless gloves or a novelty helmet or doo rags. I knew a guy soooooo into the scene...he came over one rainy day in his car, wearing leather jeans, leather vest, Harley boots, black t shirt, chain wallet and FINGERLESS GLOVES. In his CAR! This is the same guy who only rides a hardtail and won't talk to anybody unless they are wearing the gear and riding a hardtail. Now THAT is a poser!

Quick Reply: Aren't we all just posers really?