The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aren't we all just posers really?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009 | 02:09 PM
Weevil
Road Warrior

Guilty as charged. I'm such a poser that yesterday, I gave a wave to a guy riding a vespa. You should have seen the look on his face. Priceless. Almost worth doing again.....almost.

Old 02-09-2009 | 07:57 PM
MidwestRider
Road Master

I must say that I to am guilty. I gave the wave to a guy on a go-cart Saturday. Oh, I road to the dealer and picked up a pair of black Buell gloves that were marked 50% off. I know...I can't help myself. I love being a RUB poser

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:15 PM
rkcvince
Advanced

I goofed. Still a newbie.

Last edited by rkcvince; 02-19-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-19-2009 | 01:17 PM
rkcvince
Advanced

Nope...he has shoes on...Major Poser
Originally Posted by rkcvince
Originally Posted by krwould
Thought I would get the rigid ready for winter ridin!!!

I don't know....you kinda look like the real deal to me!

Old 02-19-2009 | 02:10 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

I have never thought anything about the image I present to people,simply because I do not care.I have worked hard all my life to provide for my family,they are happy and content.My Harleys is just one escape venue that I use often when time allows.No matter the image I project,I am still having as much fun as humanly possible.I know I am a Biker!!!

Old 02-19-2009 | 04:09 PM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by rkcvince
Nope...he has shoes on...Major Poser
Dammit!!! Hmmmm no snow either!!!!!

Old 02-20-2009 | 11:58 AM
grateful_rider
4th Gear

Hey I guess that I am too. For these reasons: 1st biker have been riding and putting lots of miles over the road right? With all those miles they have learned what works and what doesn’t. 2nd When you ride and you are alone there are people that what to Fu@# with you, and if you look like a biker they will leave you alone. However us poser have something “biker” don’t have, freedom to ride where we want to. Patch bikers have to follow the leader go going to where they want to go and at the speed that he wants. If you don’t like what is going on or where things are going we can leave. They can’t. So I some ways they are the poser…. Right WE ARE FREE TO Ride anywhere we want?????? No FLAME WAR just my point of view.

PS: I have been riding for over 40 years. Ridden with patch biker and lots of whatever you want to call them want to be, poser, and metric rider. I am glad to ride here where WE all are free to do what we want!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2009 | 12:21 PM
Cockroach
Road Captain

Although riding alone is fun, I want someone around to help in case of breakdown, trouble, etc.

Old 02-21-2009 | 08:21 AM
Crewdog151
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gunner11
If it's 25 degrees in the morning and you can take either the bike or the car and you take the car.........You're a poser!
Humm....A poser, or just blessed to have a garage and a choice? This topic reminds me of a time in 93-94 when I didn't have a choice. I was a hang around, working close to probate with one of the big clubs locally.......The most miserable time of my life! I was consumed by drugs and booze and most importantly, a really screwed up image of what a real man was!
I ride because I love it. plain and simple.... The truth is, I was posin' THEN!!!! Trying to be something I wasn't. Today , I have a family and a healthy image of what a man is..... I love God, provide for my family, and help others when I can! I still have the Tats, could still hold my own in a bar fight (for a min) and have no regrets as I learned a lot then. But I wouldn't go back to that life for any amount of money....So, if today someone looks at me and thinks.."poser"... Hell, I'm ok with that, because I know who and what I am.
Just my experience and opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it!!! Thanks for the topic, RB

Old 02-21-2009 | 04:17 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

None ya bizzzzz

Quick Reply: Aren't we all just posers really?