The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Just sayin"

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:35 AM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

People that start sentance with.... Ya Know...or the one up north that gets me is Hi Hun from gals at resturants and what not....1 I aint your Hun......hehehe.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is a lot of this slang stuff that never quite managed to figure out...like since when was I your dude/bros/etc.... lol

its all harmless...when it worries me is when the peeps using it can't actually speak normal anymore and can only speak slang.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 AM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like does it like bother you when people like use like like every other word? Like give me a break like is your brain like fried.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:52 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrodsandharleys73
Like does it like bother you when people like use like like every other word? Like give me a break like is your brain like fried.
LOL! Gotcha.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:58 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
It is a good movie.

And no, I don't get the whole "brother"/"bro" thing, but like I would. That and I'm just jaded and cynical like.
It's thrown around alot...Many don't take it lightly. I have several people that I occasionally ride with when I'm home. I have never called any of them "Bro" and they know not to call me that. On the other hand I went through some very bad things with a group of Men many years ago, one of them saved my life. Any of them can call me "Bro" any time they want and I refer to them the same way.
This is just the way I feel about it....It's a title of sort's and it is earned. When a man show's the type of commitment to another man that lets him know you are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for him and he show's the same, like most would do for their blood brother or sister or parents...Then and only then should a person call another "Bro". If anyone doesn't like the way I feel about....I really don't care and if all the other "Chit Desturbers" (I number myself 1 of those) here start calling me "Bro" it won't bother me either. But..Should I meet you in person and there's always a chance I will..Please don't call me "Bro" simply because we share a common interest.
Thanks.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:04 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Originally Posted by IronAss
It's thrown around alot...Many don't take it lightly. I have several people that I occasionally ride with when I'm home. I have never called any of them "Bro" and they know not to call me that. On the other hand I went through some very bad things with a group of Men many years ago, one of them saved my life. Any of them can call me "Bro" any time they want and I refer to them the same way.
This is just the way I feel about it....It's a title of sort's and it is earned. When a man show's the type of commitment to another man that lets him know you are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for him and he show's the same, like most would do for their blood brother or sister or parents...Then and only then should a person call another "Bro". If anyone doesn't like the way I feel about....I really don't care and if all the other "Chit Desturbers" (I number myself 1 of those) here start calling me "Bro" it won't bother me either. But..Should I meet you in person and there's always a chance I will..Please don't call me "Bro" simply because we share a common interest.
Thanks.
Well said. I just don't get it when it is thrown around without being particularly meaningful or as you pointed out, simply because you share a common interest. I get that it's a male bonding ritual of sorts, but it seems to be thrown around rather carelessly or superficially by some. Just my .02 and of course, worth about that much too.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Shag67
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Werd. Let me axe you why that bothers you. I'm just trippin' on you, bro. Didn't mean to front. Totally! PWNED!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 09:26 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Well said. I just don't get it when it is thrown around without being particularly meaningful or as you pointed out, simply because you share a common interest. I get that it's a male bonding ritual of sorts, but it seems to be thrown around rather carelessly or superficially by some. Just my .02 and of course, worth about that much too.
I think it's like the weekend Cowboy thing. A guy sits behind his desk just being a normal Joe all week and then when there's a local "Bike Nite" or a weekend poker run he puts on his "Bad ***" Biker Chit and heads out to let his fantasy life take over. For a few hour's he's a Mean *****.......and then he can go back to his real life. I think it's an escape of sorts and that's cool. Many of us chuckle when we see it, but what the hell? If it makes a guy happy and feel good about himself at that moment why should anyone else to want to deny him that, as long as he doesn't get carried away and start raping and pillaging?

Old 12-30-2008, 09:33 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

My husband who used to Civil War re-enact (he's a history major) once said that all men are overgrown boys and frustrated actors to a certain extent. And yes, I concede that women do it too but to a lesser degree. Oh, and before I forget: just sayin', like, really.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:39 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

My husband who used to Civil War re-enact (he's a history major) once said that all men are overgrown boys and frustrated actors to a certain extent. And yes, I concede that women do it too but to a lesser degree. Oh, and before I forget: just sayin', like, really.
"Whateverrrr".....I think there is allot of truth to what your Husband told you. Especially the "overgrown boys" part..