The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

definition of a poser...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008 | 01:04 PM
dragpipe
|
Tourer
Default definition of a poser...

i dont intend for this post to go on and on, but i wanted to comment a few times on what a poser is but the thread was 50 pages long...
For me, a poser is someone who does just that...poses, you know, how you ''pose'' for a picture. fake smile, fake position, fake, fake, fake...

you can wear anything you want, ride whatever you want(as long as you realize what you are riding), be whoever you want, cause at the end of the day youre still you...

but, when you change something because someons looking at you, youre a poser.

examples, when youre changing gears and you cant wait to put it in gear, so you can rest youre hand on youre lap like jessie james does-poser

when youre going through gears and you cant wait to put youre feet on the highway pegs before anyone notices you have mids-poser

and when you cant stop fast enough at a light so you can look around and see if anyones looking at you, cause youre cool-poser

getting all youre ''riding'' gear on, jacket, gloves, chaps, bandana, vest, rings, chains, and riding two blocks to the nearest coffee shop to meet up with youre ''riding'' pals and HANG OUT...not going for a ride, but to socialize until its time to go home. its becoming a trend here in canada, look at me i own a harley-posers

and anyone who rides a metric wi****was...weather youll admit it or not, you know why you bought it. because after all, 90% of cagers will think it is a hog.

ive seen v-star riders in fake lookalike harley jackets, ive seen dudes almost loose controll because of the jessie james pose while hitting pot-holes, and ive seen guys put their feet on the ''highway'' pegs in between every gear!

i can go on but i think i made my point.

Old 11-19-2008 | 01:09 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

I never really cared what other people do on or off their bike. Who am I to judge?

Old 11-19-2008 | 01:14 PM
Stixman
Cruiser

Please no!

Attached Thumbnails definition of a poser...-notthisagain.jpg  
Old 11-19-2008 | 01:15 PM
IlDuce
Road Warrior

i normally rest my right foot on the highway peg while i shift... more comfortable for me... but ikeep my left leg where i can shift until im ready to actually stay moving, then i switch it to the highway peg.

krusr
Ultimate HDF Member

"you can wear anything you want, ride whatever you want(as long as you realize what you are riding), be whoever you want, cause at the end of the day youre still you..."

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but it sounds like you may care more than you'd like to admit.

Myself, If I don't like what I'm looking at, I look the other way.

Just an opinion,

Krusr

travroc
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dragpipe
i dont intend for this post to go on and on
Ohhhh but it will............

Old 11-19-2008 | 01:16 PM
dragpipe
|
Tourer

i dont want responces... i said my piece, i feel better, and ive moved on...

Old 11-19-2008 | 01:18 PM
IlDuce
Road Warrior

i wonder if im a poser because i put my right leg on my highway peg and keep my left shifting until i can put it up... i hope im not a poser

Old 11-19-2008 | 01:20 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Just out of curiousity, what do you think you are then dragpipe, since you are obviously not a poser, or how do you classify yourself in the world of motorcycling? A non-poser?

Old 11-19-2008 | 01:24 PM
cadman311
Club Member

I went to a Baltimore Harley Dealership MVP party you would think biker would ride there harley there. It was three bike and over a hundred cars and you know some of them trailer there bikes. There was myself and two other bikes there. I lot of poseing going on.

Quick Reply: definition of a poser...