The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

definition of a poser...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008 | 11:53 AM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by PastorTom
and we don't say aye...............
Must be farther north.....Gumby land! I know when I lived in Duluth they did! Hehe!

Old 12-01-2008 | 11:57 AM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by krwould
Must be farther north.....Gumby land! I know when I lived in Duluth they did! Hehe!
Ya.. I'm only just north of the Illinois Border, South Central Wis..
Don't think we have any of the unusual accents here... Just a few miles north in Stoughton.. fulla Norvegians..all talk like dat dere.. ya hey..

Old 12-01-2008 | 11:58 AM
notfried
Outstanding HDF Member

by Galena and such?

Old 12-01-2008 | 12:03 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by notfried
by Galena and such?
I'm 80 miles straight up from Chicago...

Old 12-09-2008 | 06:46 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by dragpipe
and anyone who rides a metric wi****was...weather youll admit it or not, you know why you bought it. because after all, 90% of cagers will think it is a hog.

ive seen v-star riders in fake lookalike harley jackets, ive seen dudes almost loose controll because of the jessie james pose while hitting pot-holes, and ive seen guys put their feet on the ''highway'' pegs in between every gear!

i can go on but i think i made my point.
seems to me.... there's FAR too much concern these days regarding WHAT bike some one rides..... maybe if one is concerned what bike another rides.... one should re-evaluate their priorities

POSERS? RUBS? who gives a rat's buttock?, but it IS a fun way to waste a few minutes online

Old 12-09-2008 | 08:25 AM
Silver Ghost
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dragpipe

getting all youre ''riding'' gear on, jacket, gloves, chaps, bandana, vest, rings, chains, and riding two blocks to the nearest coffee shop to meet up with youre ''riding'' pals and HANG OUT...not going for a ride, but to socialize until its time to go home. its becoming a trend here in canada, look at me i own a harley-poser

i can go on but i think i made my point.
You hit the nail on the head there, I have not been rideing for long, but if I'm not working or sleeping I'm rideing, every second I can. I drive through town to get out of town and ride, I see 5 or 6 bikes a tim hortons, 3 or 4 hours later I return to town and the same 5 or 6 bikes still there!!!!, I just do not friggen get it!! And this is every day I went by, the same thing. I have no idea if they are harleys or clones, I'm not going near there to find out, I'm going to be to busy rideing once the snow is finnaly gone.

Old 12-09-2008 | 10:27 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master

Is one a poser when a black shinny van pulls up next to you and you glance over to see your reflection? I've done that. Are you a poser when you wear Harley merchandise even though your bike is stored for the winter? I'm guilty of that one on occasion. I've complained to my GF about looking more like Barbbie than a biker when we go riding. I try not to be a poser, but I do catch myself wondering if others are noticing me. But the good thing is I don't do things just to be seen doing them. I ride safe and if other riders or people in cars notice me, that fine. I'm old enough to let my ego get stroked now and then without it going to my head.