The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Anyone noticing.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 12:21 PM
jarhead81
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Anyone noticing.....

It seems more and more that I am seeing the shying away from specific holiday names being used. For example my company calls it's annual Christmas party "Holiday party" now. And I am starting to see it more on TV in commercials. What's the deal? Can we not even say Christmas without hurting someone's feeling??? Unbelievable...

Old 11-18-2008, 12:22 PM
ConnMan
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I hear one more person use the phrase "Holiday Tree", I'm gonna punch 'em right in the throat.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:25 PM
krusr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think America is suffering from "The Barney Syndrome".

Krusr

Old 11-18-2008, 12:29 PM
BlackcherryVanilly
Novice

Everyone is just too dammed politically correct and afradi of offending a certain group or groups that do not celebrate certain holidays. Personally i find it retarded and if someone gets offended by hearing Christmas on TV or on a sign then maybe they should just keep their mouth shut. Honestly i don't see why the majority feels the need to pander to the minority when it comes to Christmas.

The one thing i cannot stand is when they replace Christmas with "holiday" but they still use the names for Channuaka (spelling?) and Kwanza(spelling) what's with that?

Connman i am right there with you about the whole "holiday tree" crap

Old 11-18-2008, 12:32 PM
jarhead81
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ConnMan
If I hear one more person use the phrase "Holiday Tree", I'm gonna punch 'em right in the throat.

Damn! Holiday tree!! Now that sucks!

Old 11-18-2008, 12:35 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I think we should just do away with the damn holidays anyway. The major ones are just commercial moneymakers and the others keep Hallmark in business. Let's skip the holidays and give everyone a day off during the month with pay, let them pick the day. It's cheap, easy and convenient.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Lures
Road Warrior

Christmas! Christmas! Christmas!!!! There I said it and I proud of it! Anyone wanna fight? I drink Jack & enjoy a good cigar now and then but only when I've eaten a big mac or two with fries! Shall I go on? These politically correct Nanny mentality meddlers make me sick!

Old 11-18-2008, 01:06 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlackcherryVanilly
The one thing i cannot stand is when they replace Christmas with "holiday" but they still use the names for Channuaka (spelling?) and Kwanza(spelling) what's with that?
I agree.......North Americans can't say Merry Christmas anymore, but yet there's Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Chinese New Year, Happy Diwali, Happy Dia de los Muertos. Why do they get to say their holiday names, but North Americans can't? WTF is up with that?

Old 11-18-2008, 01:17 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll still Pledge allegiance to the flag under God, celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all! ( I feel better now)

A couple years ago Sea Tac airport had to take down their Christmas Tree because a Rabbi asked them to honor Hanukkah. It wasn't like he told them to take the tree down, but they did. What's with that?? They should have put up a menorah too.....
"Can't we all just get along???" Sheesh!

Old 11-18-2008, 01:29 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Didn't you know, we have to appease the world, for everyone to like us.. This means forgetting what we stand for, pushing OUR heritage aside and forget what we were founded on. WE are always wrong and the rest of the world, right! The rest of the world can KMA!!!