The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Anyone noticing.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Pablo22
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrodsandharleys73
No SH*T!!!!!! Why do we have to stop saying Merry Xmas just because others celebrate different holidays, just recognize all of them.
How did you sneak "Xmas" by everyone without catching hell for it. You see, "Xmas" is how the whole "PC" movement started - the anti-religion folks (not necessarily atheists) and Non-Christians got together and decided to call it "Xmas" since they weren't celebrating Christ's Bday. It's just been pounded into our heads for so long that eve people that believe in Christmas say it! Say something enough, eventually it becomes reality!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:54 PM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by MilesJ
Exactly which set of immigrants are you talking about? Those in the 1800's, 1900's or 2000's?
No most are good and I have nothing against immigrants (I married one). By all means retain your heritage as you should. The only thing that I object to is when we have to change the rules of our country to accommodate their beliefs or religions.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:29 PM
4JAYS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't figure it out.
We are being Forced to BE tolerant about everything else,but,if someone is not tolerant about certain things it gets wiped.(Mostly my stuff,-- 10 commandments, In God We Trust, saying the pledge , Christmas Displays...)

For instance, I get phone calls where I gotta press 1 for English!
Can't say Merry Christmas in some public schools, but, they learn about other holidays and religions and it seems like this country is especially bending over to make sure we don't offend Muslims. Isn't that a religion?

Special meals in jail for Muslims, allowed special prayer time, bi-lingual signs, bi-lingual instructions on just about everything you buy.

I don't mind being tolerant of others...but..they should tolerate my *** too!
And on top of everything else, I'm a smoker.

WTF???

Old 11-20-2008, 07:29 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the communist liberal politically correct idiots out there..sheltered from reality all there lives. Taught a bunch of yuppie bull**** as they grew up and now they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.....Kiss my ***...
MERRY CHRISTMAS. IN GOD WE TRUST. and I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG!
I don't tolerate any of that PC sheet. I hate watching our country go to hell. I really am tired of it. I'll tell ya what..All those Militant groups that were sprouting up around the country...living out in the sticks, 10-20 years ago and we all made fun of them..calling them weirdo's....They are starting to look like future buddies now...

Old 11-20-2008, 08:13 AM
doghair
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Roadjunkie1
Thank goodness we still have the Easter Bunny intact!
Sorry dude, I accidentally ran him over last weekend.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:16 AM
MilesJ
Road Master

Originally Posted by ultracan
No most are good and I have nothing against immigrants (I married one). By all means retain your heritage as you should. The only thing that I object to is when we have to change the rules of our country to accommodate their beliefs or religions.
I don't disagree with you, and there certainly should be some common sense from people moving to another country and understand what the customs, norms and culture are of that country, however, I think it naive to think that imigration won't/shouldn't change a country to some extent. Look at some of the major influxes of cultural groups in history.

Take the Irish for example. Seem like pretty normal, run of the mill people now. Cops, Firefighters, military backbone of the country etc. But when the influx of that group happened in the early 1900's they were "Catholic Filth", "Subhuman", "How dare they come here with their Papal nonsense" etc.

One line of my family is Ukranian. I had relatives in forced labor camps during world war one because the Ukranians were "not to be trusted", so they had their possesions, land etc taken away from them, and forced to do things like build the begginings of our national park system in Banff.

Hell, if immigrants didn't change things, we'd be sitting in teepee's and the Americans would still be under British rule

However I do agree that things get taken way to far. I do not believe that the way to fix things is to swing them to the opposite extreme. Getting rid of sayings like Merry Christmas is ridiculous. It is a predominantly Christian country, and certainly people have to be aware of that. That being said, like usual, it is not the average guy on the street of any faith or culture that is doing the complaing to change things. It is the fringe element that is always making the most noise and being the most pulblic decriers of anything, that get all the headlines. The rest of us are to busy trying to make a living. And trying to figure out how to relocate our signal lights and what rims to put on our bikes
JMO

Old 11-21-2008, 10:07 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member

In GOD We Trust (wasn't that our motto)
If you do not like it do not listen
If you do not want to be around it go somewhere else
If you do not like this Country and what it stands for GO Back to your Country
Learn the language My family had to to come here
My family did not hold slaves we came later except the part where my people were held and moved off our land on the reservation
i am Dutch, Scottish, Cherokee,
Merry Christmas to all

If i have become politically correct come slap me

Old 11-21-2008, 10:11 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member

Most of the original settlers came here for FREEDOM of Religion Not from
i practis mine
you practis yours
that is what it means

Old 11-22-2008, 07:08 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lures
Nothing better after a long day on the road than a Jack over crushed ice and a stick!
lures
I'm right there with you, but for me it's George Dickel (nearly the same thing). As for stogies, my fav is Arturo Fuente (Dom. Rep.), but I have tried dozens and dozens of others that are great, too.

And it will always be Christmas at my house. Renaming everything for the sake of political correctness is a sinister thing IYAM.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:07 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!