The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Anyone noticing.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 05:34 AM
08FXST
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
Didn't you know, we have to appease the world, for everyone to like us.. This means forgetting what we stand for, pushing OUR heritage aside and forget what we were founded on. WE are always wrong and the rest of the world, right! The rest of the world can KMA!!!
I think you will find this is an issue internal to the USA. As a resident of the rest of the world for the last 43 years, I can tell you I've never heard of anyone out here giving crap number one about what you guys call a holiday.

cheers.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:16 AM
Harley43147
Tourer

It's the same stupid mentality as trying to take "In God we trust" off our currency. Yeah, America is a melting pot, but this country was founded on Christian principles and it needs to stay that way.
I feel better now.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:32 AM
psc
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 08FXST
I think you will find this is an issue internal to the USA. As a resident of the rest of the world for the last 43 years, I can tell you I've never heard of anyone out here giving crap number one about what you guys call a holiday.

cheers.
Right on! And I don't recall this being an immigrant issue either, illegal or otherwise. Stand up, excercise your 1st amendment, and call it what you want.

Happy Frickin' Festivus!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:23 AM
lanceropolis
Tourer

I say screw being politically correct. It is so tiring to try to do that. So I am going to celebrate my f*ing CHRIStmas this year, and then follow it up with a prayer meeting and then maybe go hunt shortly thereafter.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:30 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Just remember it's a Chanukah Bush and Christmas Candles. Reverse it and mess everyone up...

Old 11-19-2008, 11:40 AM
HiPlainsHeritage
Cruiser

In my school district, we don't have a Christmas vacation we have "Winter Break." However, the same calendar lists "Easter Break." Now, I know that people are kind of dense and that some attorney suggested that the names should be altered to eliminate the chance of a law suit. However, why would you change Christmas without changing Easter.

Easter is by far the more "religious" of the two, I think.

Happy Festivus, one and all.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:42 AM
HiPlainsHeritage
Cruiser

By the way, I think it is the most chicken ca-ca stance one can take. Stand up, stand up, stand up...

We might have had a Moslem come through our fair town once or twice in the last five years.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Lures
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BuzzHD
Amen Brother. What kind of cigars do you smoke. I like the El Rey Del Mundo Corona.
I like a good old cheroot myself, the Avanti Cigar Co. has DeNobili Toscani's which I believe Francis Ford Coppola has repackages for sale at his winery as Carmie's. Also RamRods which are a bit strong with a bourboun flavor, I also like their Kentucky Cheroots from the same Co. For a good quick smoke I like Clint's. Of course I get the occassional Cuban, I have a Cuban Cohiba that I'm saving for a special day, maybe Christmas. Nothing better after a long day on the road than a Jack over crushed ice and a stick!
lures

Old 11-19-2008, 02:56 PM
ConnMan
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lures
I like a good old cheroot myself, the Avanti Cigar Co. has DeNobili Toscani's which I believe Francis Ford Coppola has repackages for sale at his winery as Carmie's. Also RamRods which are a bit strong with a bourboun flavor, I also like their Kentucky Cheroots from the same Co. For a good quick smoke I like Clint's. Of course I get the occassional Cuban, I have a Cuban Cohiba that I'm saving for a special day, maybe Christmas. Nothing better after a long day on the road than a Jack over crushed ice and a stick!
lures
^^^^Wisdom.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:31 PM
MilesJ
Road Master

Originally Posted by ultracan
I don't remember anyone holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to come to our countries. They chose to live here, and we have to change our rules and beliefs to meet their expectations.
Immigrants moved here of their own free will! They chose to live here! I have nothing against that, but they should adapt to our way of life, not the other way around.
Exactly which set of immigrants are you talking about? Those in the 1800's, 1900's or 2000's?

Last edited by MilesJ; 11-19-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Can't type today