The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Anyone noticing.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Kristy1980
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, it's getting ridiculous. Next thing you know, there won't be Santa Claus at Macy's or in the malls anymore. If it weren't for Christmas the stores would not be doing such awesome business during this time of year, yet they can't even acknowledge the actual reason for all this money coming in.

I mean think about it. The only reason Black Friday is such a major shopping day and millions of women (and men too) get up at 3 am to wait in freezing cold weather for hours to get into a store for a chance to get a good deal on something is CHRISTMAS! I've worked in retail since I was a kid, and never (not once!), did I ever hear someone say "My kid is going to love this Hanukkah present!" This shopping day is so major that all the stores have every available employee on the floor, they usually always hire people specifically for it, every cash register is ringing non-stop, and the profits from that one day (even after discounts are given) usually equal or exceed the profits from the previous two or three months combined! That one day of shopping is so hectic, I actually celebrated the first year I did not have to work on Black Friday. I partied like I was turning 21 again!

"Holiday" tree my ****. Its Christmas, whether you believe in Santa or not!

Old 11-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Yonaton
Not Smart Enough To Be A Member of HDF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm jewish, but also an atheist (how's *that* for some wild sh*t! lol). I *like* the holiday names, and the feelings I have around each one, like kistmuhass...I don't care for the 'religious' connotation of it, but I like the way mankind has come together to make it so we feel closer and more giving and kind towards others (I truly believe in the corniness of it all...it makes me feel good, you know, the whole 'Miracle on 39th St.', and that movie with Jimmy Stewart...can't remember it right at the moment...stuff). So, I *HOPE* I'm pissing off some PC a$$wipe by saying F()CK YOU AND YOUR 'PC-everything's-a-rainbow-world' BULL$HIT!
If you hate the fact that 'PC' is growing, fight back and tell *anyone* being 'PC' to shove it up their a$$! If you pansy around and simply whine about it but *do* nothing, nothing will get done!

Old 11-18-2008, 02:46 PM
notfried
Outstanding HDF Member

America is chock full o'sissyassbishes...sad

Merry Christmas...ya'know Jesus' birthday

Old 11-18-2008, 02:47 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All the freakin' cards now say Happy Holidays....

I order thousands of cards for our business to send out and the more I searched the madder I got. I finally drew up my own card, sent it to our printer and now I have my own Merry Christmas cards at about half the price..

Screw the rest of 'em.........

Old 11-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Cajun King
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I told my wife Saturday, any catalog coming into this house with the word holiday instead of Christmas goes in the round file and nothing is bought from that retailer. So far it looks like everyone is getting a Christmas present from Bass Pro Shop this year. Over 20 in the garbage and only 1 Christmas Catalog. That sucks.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:01 PM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lures
Christmas! Christmas! Christmas!!!! There I said it and I proud of it! Anyone wanna fight? I drink Jack & enjoy a good cigar now and then but only when I've eaten a big mac or two with fries! Shall I go on? These politically correct Nanny mentality meddlers make me sick!
No SH*T!!!!!! Why do we have to stop saying Merry Xmas just because others celebrate different holidays, just recognize all of them. Now that doesn't mean that if your the only person in town that celebrates xyz that Walmart has to put up a whole section just for you. If you don't like Merry Christmas then don't say it! BTW you can also KMA

Old 11-18-2008, 04:06 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cajun King
I told my wife Saturday, any catalog coming into this house with the word holiday instead of Christmas goes in the round file and nothing is bought from that retailer. So far it looks like everyone is getting a Christmas present from Bass Pro Shop this year. Over 20 in the garbage and only 1 Christmas Catalog. That sucks.

Bass Pro Shop Add me to your Christmas list my new friend!

Old 11-18-2008, 04:08 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome to the Obamanation !!

Old 11-18-2008, 04:13 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrodsandharleys73
No SH*T!!!!!! Why do we have to stop saying Merry Xmas just because others celebrate different holidays, just recognize all of them. Now that doesn't mean that if your the only person in town that celebrates xyz that Walmart has to put up a whole section just for you. If you don't like Merry Christmas then don't say it! BTW you can also KMA

(Why do we have to stop saying Merry Xmas just because others celebrate different holidays)

Because, in America, we have to appease everyone else, push our heritage and beliefs aside, to make them feel comfortable At the same time, we lose what we stand for and what we were founded on. Soon, America dissolves as we have known it to be and we become no more...

Old 11-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

Thank goodness we still have the Easter Bunny intact!