The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is The True "MC" Biker Gone Forever?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

For those "who want to know" you might want to drop in here: http://www.bikernews.net/index.cfm

but then maybe not.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All the true bikers have quit riding as much and now use their time to post on this forum about issues that have nothing to do with why the original bikers rode in the first place. The truth, they are still out there and some clubs do alot for their community. Those who don't respect or think they are just like them still get dealt with. I don't think too many on this site will have much to know about biking. Best thing most of the people here can do is still put on the big bandana, the pushed forward apes and ride 2000 miles a year thinking you are a true "biker". Leave these guys alone, thye are a brotherhood and don't need people worrying about 5th gear whine, or can I put on these pipes without a download or why HD didn't give ever 07 owner a IDs for free. They know what it's about. Not the illegal stuff, The brotherhood and open road stuff.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:54 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SeniorChief56
I bet DaGumpmeister is a "real biker" this guy in the video is definitely a "Real Biker"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dO_5yWCj2w
Jo didn't look like he was patched out, but I for one would say, he's a "real biker".... No question...

Old 11-17-2008, 09:30 PM
CityRider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gutman
They know what it's about. Not the illegal stuff, The brotherhood and open road stuff.
Right, not the meth stuff, or the murder stuff, or the chop shop stuff...

Some of you guys regurgitate these biker credos as if you truly believe there is glamor in being a biker thug. They don't call themselves 1%ers because they're a bunch of good guys. You really think that's cool?

Old 11-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 531 Likes on 273 Posts

-----

Last edited by Dispatch; 07-11-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:33 PM
cdale976
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dispatch
Is the true MC biker gone??? Are the MC bikers of the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's: Hells Angels, Outlaws, Black Pistons, Mongols, Bandidos etc., gone forever? Today's MC bikers you see are the sons and grandsons of the original generation. They may be into some of the same 'things' as there fathers/grandfathers but are they of the same make up? Some say they don't look or act the same as past clubs did. Are all members really into criminal activities? Why must this be? Some members I've talked to say that they go everyday without breaking the law, ever. They tell me they hold down full time jobs and support families without ever breaking the law for the club. That not everyone in their club is into criminal activity and that they have not ever been asked to do so by the club. Is this true or just propaganda to try to keep heat off themselves in the public eye? Any thoughts or experiences?
NO nough said

Old 11-18-2008, 02:43 AM
HDXXX
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand...

Old 11-18-2008, 04:46 AM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

Is the True "cowboy" gone forever?

Yikes.

BTW

Want to know what a True biker is?

A man biker without a credit card.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-09-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:23 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

you watch to much t.v.there are alot of the guy's still around a little older but you still have them. yes there is alot of differnce today nothing stay's the same.differnt people differnt times.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:57 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

IMFUO, think 'sophistication'. Just like law enforcement has 'progressed' (?), well, changed anywho, so have the MC's changed.
They are 'still' 'round.
Even the US military emulates the MC's, "Don't ask, Don't tell".

Some join for the 'status', but usually are 'short lived' in the career.
Others join for the comraderie.
Still others join for the 'thrill'.
Takes a lot of dedication to belong, period, whatever your reason.

Here's a 'herd', and many of them are ex-1%ers. Some were 'Enforcers' for their respective clubs. BUT even as a Christian club, as posted, "Them that talk, don't know, and them that know, don't talk" Club biz, is indeed, club biz.
It's on a 'need to know' basis, and for all intensive purposes, I don't feel a 'need to know', even tho I ride with MC's quite often.

Drugs and thugs? Gots those in the LEO biz, that do that, too. Also in the post office, banking biz, lawyers, wrenchers, on and on.
There are also 'decent' MCers. Family guys who hold GOOD jobs, own a house, drive an SUV (up here it gets 'cool'), help when needed.
We just recently lost Southside Billy to complications from diabetes. Billy was an HA, AND a husband, a Dad, and a real decent guy to know. RIP Billy.
http://www.legacy.com/StarTribune/GB...onId=119070575

Have they gotten a 'bad rap'? ALL LEO's are honest. ALL politicians are honest. Catch my drift?

Last edited by Da Gumpmeister; 11-18-2008 at 06:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Is The True "MC" Biker Gone Forever?