The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OOHHH...the wave thing. I almost forgot.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008 | 08:28 AM
Roses
|
Road Captain
Default OOHHH...the wave thing. I almost forgot.

This message is primarily for riders who live in the southeast Alabama area (that is mainly where I ride). I know that a lot has been made of all of this waving to your fellow riders while riding. Quite a few of you have made a career of worrying over "jacka$$es" that don't return your wave. Seeing as how I was "bikeless" for about 10 years and have just gotten back into actively riding I would like to get a few things straight about "waving" be it "low finger pointing" or an actual wave of the hand. First off I understand the feeling of acceptance and oneness that many of you must feel when your wave is returned. However, to keep you from having to make a trip to your psychiatrist or post a longwinded diatribe when your wave is not returned please keep the following things in mind.
1) I will try to return all waves I see, but I may not conform to the accepted "biker" point down wave.
2) Do not wave at me and expect a return wave if I am actively engaged in turning a corner.
3) No return wave attempt will be made while actively shifting and accelerating away from a traffic stop surrounded by distracted cagers who are all busy on their cell phones.
4) If you are traveling in the opposite direction on a divided highway and I am surrounded by other vehicles you may not receive a return wave because I am paying attention to the traffic that is traveling the same direction I am.
5) Even though this is Unforgivable, I may be thinking about something else and not see your wave until it is too late to return it.

In the event that any of the above situations is "true" and no wave is returned please do not cast aspersions about my unworthiness as a "biker" or my aloofness and snobiness. I already know that I am unworthy as a "biker." Been there done that years ago.

If you hate "wave" posts I have made your day.
Now, it is 35 degrees outside and I am riding to Georgia to buy a lottery ticket while my wife sleeps off last nights Alabama football victory. Y'all have fun while I ride.

Oh by the way the Lee Parks PCi gloves are great so far.

Last edited by Roses; 11-16-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-16-2008 | 08:32 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard

blah blah blah

Attached Thumbnails OOHHH...the wave thing. I almost forgot.-geez.jpg  
Old 11-16-2008 | 08:37 AM
dh2683
Supporter

Well Said <BFG>

Old 11-16-2008 | 08:54 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member

LOL...biker, rider, wave, don't wave who really cares. Just enjoy the ride.

Old 11-16-2008 | 09:04 AM
JR_HD
Advanced

Could not have said it any better. At least you have the oportunity to ride right now. Enjoy it while the rest of us suffer through salty roads.

JR

Old 11-16-2008 | 09:08 AM
krusr
Ultimate HDF Member

Can't figure why some feel it's so hard to be nice.

Oh well,

Krusr

Old 11-16-2008 | 09:51 AM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member

Well said roses, enjoy your ride. I too was bikeless for awhile, am working hard to make up lost time and enjoying every minute of it. If I can I wave, if not think of me how you wish, but remember that I have probably been called worse somewhere along the way.

Old 11-16-2008 | 10:09 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member

Wave or not, I don't care, enough of the pontification on wave philosophy

Old 11-16-2008 | 11:00 AM
Roses
|
Road Captain

Stop pontificating? I thought at least one "wave" thread was compulsory for all HDF members!!!???

Old 11-16-2008 | 11:01 AM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

Quick Reply: OOHHH...the wave thing. I almost forgot.