The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just ventin'

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 01:50 PM
notfried
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when will it end?

i know it's not the norm to talk about yer finances and such,but just to break away from all the "real biker/fingerless gloves/asslesschaps" threads i was wondering something...is anyone else about to lose everything?today they're shutting off my electricity,water and phone.i'm sure the repo man is lookin' for my scoot and my truck...and my family and i are 'bout to get booted from the house that we live in.i haven't made a dime in the past two months and have been using what little savings i had to get to work.i restore/build cars for customers and nobody wants to spend anything at the moment,which i can understand.i tried to get a small loan to get out of this situation and hold us over until it gets better...if it gets better but nobody wants to give me one...yet again,i understand.i can't get another job because i am contracted with the small business that i'm with for another 7 months.the wife is in school full time and a mom the rest of the time,so she doesn't really have the time for a job.a few months ago we were doing well and i was lookin' to get another bike...glad i didn't.i just don't know what to do.i guess we're just fukked

thanks for lettin' me vent

anyone wanna adopt a son,daughter-in-law and their three small children?

P.S.-i also understand that God has His own plan that i don't even need to understand and that He works on His own time...i'm just wonderin' if He's checked the battery in His watch

Last edited by notfried; 11-10-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:56 PM
krusr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry to hear you going through some tough times and I know this may not help much but you got your family and no one can take that from you.
Hang tough and hug your wife and kids, you'll get through it.

God bless,

Krusr

Old 11-11-2008, 08:10 AM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,364 Likes on 8,413 Posts

Things are bad here too. So if it makes you fell any better you are not the only one. Jobs are hard to come by, even low paying jobs. They are just not out there. I've been laid off since Sept. I worked for a temp service for a couple weeks, even those jobs have dried up. Hang in there and get ready to move. It's gonna get worse before it gets better.
Now, the good part; I can ride, work, or shine, on my Harley all day If I want to. I can sit at the computer, all day and type on hdforums, if I want to. I can drink all day if I want to.........BRB.....gotta get another beer...........

Old 11-11-2008, 12:21 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member

Same thing goin on up here as well... GM plant is closen there doors fer good on Dec 21st. Took all the support business's out with em.. Property values droppen like a rock here and no relief in site..No jobs ta be had.. I gotta house fulla kids already, But We would adopt ya..But once you were up here you would havta deal with all the snow and cold as well as no job prospects..
Prayers are with ya..
PT

Old 11-11-2008, 04:21 PM
notfried
Outstanding HDF Member

thanks for listinin' and all...i hate a whiner thread just as much as the next guy,i just had to vent and unload on someone besides my family...they've heard enough

Old 11-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about it. Our business has dropped by half in the last month or two. We haven't had to let anybody go yet, but it is pretty much week-to-week at this point and we are heading into our traditional slow time. It pretty scary and any plans that involved spending money are on hold indefinitely.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:10 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,364 Likes on 8,413 Posts

Originally Posted by notfried
thanks for listinin' and all...i hate a whiner thread just as much as the next guy,i just had to vent and unload on someone besides my family...they've heard enough
Holler at me anytime.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:44 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heard on the news today that creditors are being more lenient with the economy tanking. Talk to them and let them know the circumstances. You're not the only one going through this. (I know that's not very comforting) God Bless and our prayers to you and your family.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel your pain Brother, I am a self employed contractor and this is the worst year I have ever had, have already had to get rid of one of my trucks and wondering how I am going to pay for the other, times are tough all over. But we have all been through this before and I was still waking up every morning and breathing thru-out the day, so every cloud has a silver lining so try to think about what you do have and not what you are fixing to loose. I believe you said that you have a wife and Three kids so in my book you are one of the richest men I have ever heard of! I think when the History of the word comes down you will be considered one of the lucky ones! Good luck and keep your head up!

Old 11-13-2008, 12:12 PM
EZ48
Extreme HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. You're not alone in this if that helps any. I know many folks who are just barely hanging on. Hope things work out.

Quick Reply: just ventin'