The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you wave at other motorcyclists?
I wave at everyone
72.14%
I don't wave at anyone
12.86%
I wave only at other Harley riders
15.00%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Waving

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 01:15 AM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I always wave, if the other dude isn't waving back I reach out further to make sure he sees it. It's like a game. Like I said before, I even wave when I'm leaning into a corner, take a hand off the bars, reach out and wave.

I think there was another thread on waving, but usually I'll do the open palm, like you were going to give-em-five gesture, sometime I'll do the V-twin salute, like a peace sign down about 45 degrees to your left.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:28 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,844 Likes on 1,084 Posts

I also drive a automobile and if I waved at everyone else driving an automoble my forearms would look like Popeyes.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:27 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wave at everyone when traffic permits me to do so safely....and especially to people on scooters (you can spot the ones that are riding those things for fun...I had a cute little gal in a yellow sun dress give me a wave that was damn near down to the pavement as she comfortably leaned through a curve....and the tightwads that only bought a scooter to save gas....glaring at you as they clutch the scooter bars with white knuckles...usually crabby older males wearing huge helmets and bright colored vests).

It's always a bit of a relief when you get close enough to a big rally, and everybody gives up waving....but I'll never stop waving in most other circumstances. To me it's like saying..."ain't this effing fun...those saps in the cars don't know what they're missing!"

As Wino Willie said, "I don't care what you ride, you're a brother to me."

Old 12-23-2009, 08:58 AM
hbarleatherneck
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate the waving. most of the people arent my friends or brothers. i wave at people who display Veteran license plates. but i would rather not wave at all. regardless of jap bike or American. I do sometimes though.