The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you do? Do you like it or hate it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 03:17 PM
thomaskray
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Systems Engineer for IT consulting company. We're small so I get to see and do a lot of things an IT guy wouldn't get to see or do with a large company. Exchange, SQL, Clusters, Firewalls, routers, switches, pretty much get my hands dirty with everything from the end user all the way up to level 3 stuff.

www.cetrom.net

Old 10-13-2008, 03:56 PM
vV_juggernaut_Vv
Cruiser

general laborer (landscaping, janitorial, paperwork slave) when i'm not locked in a classroom to learn how to run Army communication equipment

Old 10-13-2008, 08:28 PM
GlennA
Cruiser

Two-way communication (RF) technician. Been at it for 34 years. I work alone, schedule my own time, work Mon-Thur and am generally left to my own volition. It's great. I don't think I could handle a 9-5 office job anymore.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:55 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Airbag engineer here. I work for a company that develops technology for safety restraints and manufactures them. I do like my job, recently I received a thank-you email from the owner of a car dealership whose son-in-law and daughter were in a head on accident with my driver airbag, and survived and she walked away and was even at work the next day. Thats what makes all the pains, and frustrations of my job go away.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Grind
Road Master

I work in the family business that my maternal grandfather started in '49. I do centerless grinding. I grind cylindrical stuff, like axles shafts, hydraulic spools, locating pins, etc. One of our biggest jobs, which we have a machine pretty much dedicated to, is rocker arm shafts for an HD supplier. I like my job. Been doing it for 20+ years.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:42 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work in the insurance industry. There! I said it. I hope you're freakin' happy. Expect your premiums to double Bazam!!
Actually, I'm a general aviation insurance underwriter. I enjoy it. I got into it kind of by accident because in the Army (props to my homies in 101st and 82nd) I was a helicopter mech and radar ATC. After the Army I was a helicopter parts warehouse manager. Somebody figured I might know a little about aviation.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:52 PM
smokey2008
Novice

I'm the IT director for a marketing agency. I like my job and I've been doing it for 5 years. I really like the people and we're always doing something different.

I just remodeled my office and I bought a bunch of stuff from the HD museum on the company's dime. Can't really find too much to complain about.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:54 PM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Retail Distribution Manager for 15 years, and yes.....I hate it. Pays the bills but burnt out. Tired of being a glorified babysitter and now I am working nights, Sun-Thu. Truly sucks. Wife and I started our own small business a year ago. Just waiting for it to grow up enough so that I can leave my slave career behind. Hardly even see the wife during the week.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 PM
hogdoctor
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm a mobile service tech working primarily in commercial fitness and physical therapy equipment. After two decades of being the scary dude in the dark corner of the shop, I stepped out into the sunlight and never looked back. I've turned down more profitable work to focus on giving my kids a good start in life... I actually love my job.. every day is a new adventure, lots of sunshine and nobody looking over my shoulder.

Hogdoctor

Old 10-13-2008, 10:08 PM
budnlucy
Tourer

I am in building facilities maintenance. I more or less sit in front of a computer monitering chillers, air handlers,ups system,ect. Got pm's to do but they don't take long. 12 hour rotating shift, get a week straight off every month. Like a vacation every month. Kinda boring but someones gotta do it.

Quick Reply: What do you do? Do you like it or hate it?