The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How many read the story before posting a comment?
Yes: I read the story before posting.
84.88%
No: I responded to the title of the thread.
15.12%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Are you a "Biker"

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Beans
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheWhitedogg

Yea I guess you can call me a biker, but I dont go around trying get noticed "being a biker"
Best I ever seen it put or said!

Old 08-07-2008, 11:27 PM
flattyr
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomad X
Better think again,quite a few "real bikers" have figured out that computer thang. Even Motorcycle Clubs have their very own websites these days,I even saw a bro reading a book at one of the Club house's just the other day. The way its going,the Moco will start putting puters on scooters real soon.
NomadX... how many clubs you supporting?

Old 08-07-2008, 11:27 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think biker may be a term developed by people who need labels for everything and with that suggested its definition is broad and not easily to pidgeon hole on one sentence.

While in college as a freshmen in Media 101 we were each suppose to pick a topic and give a presentation with all the media tools available at the time. I picked motorcycling and all aspects of that I could find. Others pick such notable topics as laproscopic surgery, the increase in cruelty to animals. Little did I know my chosen subject would end up having a life long impact on me. I made posters, flow charts and an over head projector presentation with a written talk to accompany it all. I got an A. In that process it dawned on me that regardless of what bike you ride, brand, CC size or style we are all in it together. Whether patch holder lone wolf, riding with your sig other or a group of regular freinds and everything in between, when you roll out of your drive way we all face the same road conditions, mother nature, mechanical failure, and cagers. All the pain and the pleasure. So how you are defined I think is an insignificant point with regards to biker or not.

Quite frankly I don't feel comfortable being lump in the same category as some of you a holes. It is what it is.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:42 PM
FlakeyFoont
Banned

Originally Posted by papadop88
Where the hell is my damn popcorn smiley!!! This is some good stuff...I can't believe this thread is still flaring up. I love you guys!!!!!!!!
We love you too man.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:03 AM
05Hog
Road Captain

Don't care what you think of me or my bike. I don't care what you ride. If you break down, I'll stop, Harley or Metric broke is broke. If you're not an idiot I'll ride with you. You ride for yourself, nobody else.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:05 AM
testifer
Road Master

im a road king rider

Old 08-08-2008, 12:11 AM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member

Not sure started riding HD's in 1968 still ride them

Old 08-08-2008, 12:23 AM
skiahh
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 4 bikes in the garage. Wife has another 3. 2 have skinny tires, 4 have fat knobby tires, 1 has a motor. Sometimes I wear leather, sometimes I wear lycra. I always wear a helmet. I ride as much as I can. I ride to work; sometimes with a motor, sometimes without. I drive when it's raining, snowing or if I need to bring stuff in. Biker, cyclist, rider. I'm all three, but none define me.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:44 AM
CaspianM
Stage II

If biker and motorcylcist are the same then I am a biker.
If I am riding and see a biker alongside the road needs help with his/her bike, would I stop to help??!! Hell no! It wasn't too long ago I learned reading another forum of this nature that most of the riders do carry weapons to protect themselves. I don't carry one hence no protection and no stopping. So at the end I am not a biker afterall.

Last edited by CaspianM; 08-08-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:54 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Never consider what other brands are out there.It's the person that is riding it.If they want me to look at something on their ride I certainly will.Have always owned Harley Davidsons still not predudice!

Quick Reply: Are you a "Biker"