The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whose territory do you live in?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Forgot to mention, the Boozefighters are in this area also.

Last edited by Galdog; 12-10-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:15 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Lots of territories here. There's a Hostess guy who covers all the local grocery stores, mini-marts, etc. I see him at the gas station once in a while. Never talked to him, but he seems like a nice enough guy.

There's an Interstate Batteries territory here. I only ever see the truck driving around, never parked, so, no idea who the driver is or if he seems nice or not.

Oh yeah... Snap On, Mac Tools... they have drivers with territories around here. I not only see them frequently, I have talked to some of them and even bought a few tools now and then. They all seem like decent guys, but then, if I was selling pliers for $75, I'd probably be pretty nice too.

I know the beer distributors all have drivers with territories in this area. I see the beer trucks all the time. I took a picture of the Miller Light truck one time. I know if it's beer business, you're not supposed to talk about it outside the bar, so I was a little worried the driver might say something to me about taking a picture of the truck, but he didn't. I noticed there was a guy wearing a Budweiser jacket standing not too far from me. I thought the Miller Light guy might beat his *** and make him take the jacket off, but he didn't seem to notice. Good thing. It could have gotten *really* ugly.

Being in sales, I have a territory, but I don't wear a patch or anything so none of my competitors know who I am when I run into them. That's cool because I always stop and talk to them for a while and get a bunch of good intel on what they are doing.

I'm sure there are a lot more reps/drivers with territories around here, but...

Old 12-10-2010, 10:22 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Lots of territories here. There's a Hostess guy who covers all the local grocery stores, mini-marts, etc. I see him at the gas station once in a while. Never talked to him, but he seems like a nice enough guy.

There's an Interstate Batteries territory here. I only ever see the truck driving around, never parked, so, no idea who the driver is or if he seems nice or not.

Oh yeah... Snap On, Mac Tools... they have drivers with territories around here. I not only see them frequently, I have talked to some of them and even bought a few tools now and then. They all seem like decent guys, but then, if I was selling pliers for $75, I'd probably be pretty nice too.

I know the beer distributors all have drivers with territories in this area. I see the beer trucks all the time. I took a picture of the Miller Light truck one time. I know if it's beer business, you're not supposed to talk about it outside the bar, so I was a little worried the driver might say something to me about taking a picture of the truck, but he didn't. I noticed there was a guy wearing a Budweiser jacket standing not too far from me. I thought the Miller Light guy might beat his *** and make him take the jacket off, but he didn't seem to notice. Good thing. It could have gotten *really* ugly.

Being in sales, I have a territory, but I don't wear a patch or anything so none of my competitors know who I am when I run into them. That's cool because I always stop and talk to them for a while and get a bunch of good intel on what they are doing.

Good answer

Old 12-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Blargh
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yea, that was a good answer.... My post was pretty lame after reading MidnitEvil's!

Really, does it matter what territories we're in. Doesn't matter to me now that I think about it.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

No colors at all near me.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:18 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

This is classic....LMAO....don't let the Mac guy see you with snap on sockets or he will get a Mac prospect to beat your ***....

Old 12-10-2010, 12:34 PM
smittyp83
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sons of Anarchy mostly....maybe some Mayans too.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:58 PM
skeet000
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would tell you, but then I'd have to kill myself...

Old 12-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

My new hero

Quick Reply: Whose territory do you live in?