The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who was inspired to ride harleys from outlaw bikers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:50 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: who was inspired to ride harleys from outlaw bikers?

i always liked them i loved the dont fu** with me&nbsp\\;image the brotherhood. i guess i was never into the hippie part of EASYRIDER. i'll probly be banned for saying im not ban EASYRIDER FAN. always liked the outlaw biker movies better.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:53 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the powerband of the engine......you don't have to wind an H-D motor to 6,000+ to get the HP outta it! Love that low-end torque!

Old 06-20-2008, 07:02 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ezriderpgh

Nope. My inspiration was actually Evel Knievel. A mans man.

[IMG]local://upfiles/52705/A4747D84CD1341608918BFDE9AF131AA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/52705/86B65404CB7042B181075892B601566E.jpg[/IMG]
&nbsp\\;
Bingo! Evel Knievel did it for me. He was in your face, and did not give a _ _ _ _ about being fashionable, polite etc....

Old 06-20-2008, 07:12 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

I grew up on a farm in Iowa, nearest town was 5 miles away and 2,000 people.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;My brothers and I always had mini-bikes, go-carts, dirt bikes to beat around on.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The only HD I ever saw as a kid was a loser in town that rode a POS old bike, chopped beyond recognition.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Used to watch him try to start it and wonder why he bothered.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; When I turned 16 and wanted a car, my dad said "nope, get a bike first".&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I said "Huh? OK Pops!"&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Started out on a Honda CB400C, a year later a Kawasaki 750.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Harleys and the reputation that followed the 1% crowd was a turn-off for me, I wanted nothing to do with it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I thought they were all junk anyway.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; When the kids got older and I started looking at bikes again, every bike seemed to be trying to look like a Harley.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I thought there was no way I was going to ride a cheap copy, let's go ahead and give the real thing a try.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Glad I did, I liked the Fatboy but ended up&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;trading&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;it off&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;for an Ultra and LOVE it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Regarding 1%ers, I would be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Mostly curiousity I guess.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I understand why people are attracted to it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; If the criminal activity wasn't there even I&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;might be tempted.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Bet they'd love a cop riding around with 'em!!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Maybe the Boozefighters are more my speed...!!!

Old 06-20-2008, 09:27 PM
nomad billy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I would have to say HELL YES,1959 or 60 sitting in the far back seat of a 57 ford station wagon when 8 or 10 guys came rollin in on thier choppers or bobbers aint real sure what they were.Beautiful-loud Harley Davidsons,sexy women on the back,havin a great time,I was gone right then.They have sure got more expensive since then,66 I paid 75 dollars for a running 45-2 wheeler, could only keep up with everyone else in town,soon as we hit the highway I was left behind,great bunch always waited for me to catch up.Painted it,sold it bought a knuckle,could keep up then.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Jon0807
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't vote for any.&nbsp\\; I've always admired Harleys and the people who rode them but I never thought I'd own one.&nbsp\\; I was actually at a HA funeral recently and that was an awesome site to see.&nbsp\\; But even that didn't inspired me to want one.&nbsp\\; It wasn't until I had a small insignificant dream about my sister's friend asking me to babysit his did it finally click and it all made sense.&nbsp\\; I still don't have one yet but I'm working on it.&nbsp\\; I also have a wife that doesn't like the idea too much but I'm working on that too&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 09:44 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not at all. I don't think much of "outlaw bikers". I was inspired to get a Harley by my wife. At least that's what I let her think. Actually, I was inspired to get a Harley by riding japcrap.
Wait..., I ride a V-rod so I guess my opinon doesn't count.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:46 PM
gunner065
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was a kid, my second peddle bike was like a dirt bike, fake gas tank to boot. I youst to pretend it was a real motor bike, hockey card in the spokes and all (I'm Canadian). Then when my dad bought me a Kowee KE 100 dirt bike when I was 14, I wanted it to be a street bike. When I got a 198? Honda CM400T at 16, I wanted it to be a Harley. Now at the ripe age of 41, I finally have my first HD. I got what I wanted with no influence what so ever, just something that I had to have before I went in the ground. The wife says this is my first and only HD while she's alive. I sure will think of her when I get old enough to have a bagger .

Old 06-20-2008, 09:47 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

My uncle was&nbsp\\;a Harley man since the 50's. He was my inspiration. He made sure I was on 2 wheels when I hit 16
Shame he didn't live long enough to see me on my first Harley back in 82.....

Old 06-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Acobia66
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant say I was inspired by them but I sure am curious about them. I always find myself staring at back patches when I go to biker events. Actually I can go find out in person Sunday if work up the cajones. The local Outlaws here are having a party at their clubhouse Sunday advertised to the public.

Quick Reply: who was inspired to ride harleys from outlaw bikers?