The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 12:37 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dew Me
Palyed a small part? Or you were the small part?
yes ...

Old 10-18-2012, 12:51 PM
edgeofinsanity
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceecee Paul
...Well the movie comes out it is the Brian Bosworth one can't remember the name now..I watched the movie and i see my partners a couple bikes ahead me and i know i'm coming next right..Wrong again., They show my boot and the lower part of my bike thats it...
Man, that had to "Stone Cold"... that's awesome.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:16 AM
Loner88
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ain't much compared to some of the incidences recorded so far. Back when I had just gotten my 2nd Vulcan- a 1500 classic, and Before I de-badged it, I was at a gas station and this dude comes over and get's all, " hey man, that's a fine looking Harley. I've been thinking I got to get me one of those- which model is it?"
I looked him in the eye, and said in my best smart- assed way, " it's the one with the radiator and the drive shaft". Sucker nodded sagely and goes,
"yeah, I heard that's the one to get".

Old 10-19-2012, 05:11 AM
deez nuts
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

I've had a few stupid questions, I've asked a few too. My dad used to be a manager at a gas station and when I was younger sometimes I'd be there hanging out with him for a few hours. Anytime a hot rod musclecar or harley pulled up I'd usually run out and ask the guy about it. Most times they'd pop the hood and entertain me a bit. Some guys were impressed that a young kid (12yrs old at the time) would know as much about musclecars as I did at the time. But one time a guy on a bike rolled up and I went out to check it out, I didnt know at the time but now I know that it was a Fat Boy, apes and loud pipes, thing was kick ***. Being a 12yr old kid who didnt know his *** from a hole in the ground when the guy came back out of the store I was standing there looking at it and when he walked up I said "Nice bike, is that a 1200?" He politely told me it was a 1450. I look back at that and think man I was a stupid kid lol.
After I bought my bike I was at work one night talking to another guy in his mid 20's who worked there (I was 20 at the time and I worked at Sears) The guy told me his dad had a new M109 and I said thats cool I have a harley. Convo proceeded like this...
Him- What kind of Harley do you have?
Me- 2000 Dyna
Him- Sweet, softail?
Me- (rolls eyes) No...
Him- Hmm (confused look) Hardtail?
Me- (Smh rolling eyes)

Old 10-19-2012, 03:48 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deez nuts
I've had a few stupid questions, I've asked a few too. My dad used to be a manager at a gas station and when I was younger sometimes I'd be there hanging out with him for a few hours. Anytime a hot rod musclecar or harley pulled up I'd usually run out and ask the guy about it. Most times they'd pop the hood and entertain me a bit. Some guys were impressed that a young kid (12yrs old at the time) would know as much about musclecars as I did at the time. But one time a guy on a bike rolled up and I went out to check it out, I didnt know at the time but now I know that it was a Fat Boy, apes and loud pipes, thing was kick ***. Being a 12yr old kid who didnt know his *** from a hole in the ground when the guy came back out of the store I was standing there looking at it and when he walked up I said "Nice bike, is that a 1200?" He politely told me it was a 1450. I look back at that and think man I was a stupid kid lol.
After I bought my bike I was at work one night talking to another guy in his mid 20's who worked there (I was 20 at the time and I worked at Sears) The guy told me his dad had a new M109 and I said thats cool I have a harley. Convo proceeded like this...
Him- What kind of Harley do you have?
Me- 2000 Dyna
Him- Sweet, softail?
Me- (rolls eyes) No...
Him- Hmm (confused look) Hardtail?
Me- (Smh rolling eyes)

So.....what was it? A mediumtail? Don't leave us guessing!

Old 10-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Loner88
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by patrickd
So.....what was it? A mediumtail? Don't leave us guessing!
Bwaa ha ha ha lol choke cough spit ( I have got stop reading these threads when I'm eatin' lunch. Ain't none my co-workers gonna gimme the Hiemlich, they just stand around making bets on long it's gonna take me to assfixate).

Maybe that was a Hardlucktail?

Old 10-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So I finally have one to add to this. The other day I'm walking out of the mini-mart at the gas station while my bike is parked at one of the pumps. I have my 1/2 helmet (German style), gloves, and HD leather riding jacket on along with my jeans and riding boots. As I'm walking out towards my bike...the only bike at the station...this elderly lady who looks like someone's sweet dear grandmother asks me:

"Excuse me, are you riding a motorcycle?" Had she not looked and behaved like a sweet little grandma I know I would have come back with some smart *** reply to that one like No, I just have a real fast wheelchair or No, why? Oh, this!? I didn't know people who road motorcycles could also wear this stuff. Instead, I just answered that I did. Then the follow up:

"Oh, is that your bike there?" Again, only bike in the whole station. Nope...I parked mine a couple miles from here. I enjoy the exercise. Again though, just answered that yea, that was mine.

Then she asks me the kicker. "Oh, well I have a question for you. I noticed your helmet looks like a German helmet and was just wondering why you wear it."

Note the lack of a question mark. Again my first response was Because, I've found through great personal experimentation, trial, and error, that it works better at making pretty patterns in asphault than my bare skull. But, somewhere in the back of my mind, there was a voice screaming "DON'T DO IT! IT'S A TRAP!!!" But I answered fairly honestly.

"Well, you see this extra little lip around the bottom of the helmet? I feel it provides a bit more protection if I go down than the regular 1/2 helmets and I prefer the half helmets over the others because I like the way it feels on my head. The Germans, and later our own Army, use helmets like this because of that extra protection so if it works for them, works for me." And the fact that I like the look of them...but I wasn't going to give Miss Anne Oakley here any ammunition for whatever her agenda was.

That answer seemed to deflate whatever she had planned for me. Is that an honest answer? Yea. I went down with one of these and felt like that little extra might have helped though I realize that's just all in my head...pun intended. I just shook my German-Helmet-Wearing-head and rode away but I couldn't help but wonder just where she was going with this...

Last edited by Robotech; 10-19-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:38 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude. I can't believe you denied that little ol' grammy her moment of glory by being totally reasonable. You've let the meaning of what a real biker is down. Turn in your get back whip and HD sticker on your car.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:50 AM
Helen Wheels
Extreme HDF Member
Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Scout
I hope that when I get old and stupid (I said old and stupid, not now and stupid) that I think the electric wheel chair I'm in is a Fatboy or a Buell. If you know me then, don't burst the bubble.
who knows..by then you may get lucky and they'll replace the "hooveround" with a "harleyround"

Old 10-21-2012, 02:30 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

walkin' into work.........driver ging the other way...........''You still riding the bike??''////I just smiled and kept walking.....and said,'' yup, thanks''...

Quick Reply: Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?