The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:43 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by JWitz
From my wife when I was buying yet more "stuff" at the stealers....."Why didn't you buy one with this stuff already on it?"
Had to listen to that one more than a few times myself ....

Old 05-21-2011, 10:46 AM
fourH-Ds
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My neighbor strolls into my garage one day, after selling his FLHTC, to tell me that he just bought an '08 Screamin Eagle.

Oh yeah I said, which one?

The red one, he replied.

Ok, but what model I ask again.

You know, with the big engine and all the chrome he stated!!

It turned out to be a Screamin Eagle Dyna...But come on. Some people want it to say they have it, not to ride.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:11 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

i guess the worst that i heard was
"my friend had a honda davidson"
but the man was touched in the head
so i noded politley and then went on
about my buisnes

Old 05-22-2011, 09:04 PM
GEHTOBLASTER
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rolled into work and parked, and out walks to the "used to run around with them pagans" guy. wants to hear the new pipes. start it up, he puts his hand over the exaust, burns himself, and says..."man you gotta get them baffles up outa derr". i ask what he USED to ride..."i had me a '78 1200 sporty"...the 1200's didnt come out till 1988. he's from west virginia, so...well, you get it.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Gay Rider
Banned

Originally Posted by GEHTOBLASTER
rolled into work and parked, and out walks to the "used to run around with them pagans" guy. wants to hear the new pipes. start it up, he puts his hand over the exaust, burns himself, and says..."man you gotta get them baffles up outa derr". i ask what he USED to ride..."i had me a '78 1200 sporty"...the 1200's didnt come out till 1988. he's from west virginia, so...well, you get it.
78's were Iron Head 1000 cc models, what an idiot, wonder if he actually ever owned a bike?

Old 05-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Virgil Cain
Cruiser

I don't have any Harley logos on my bike. I pulled up to the store and got off and some chump standing there with an average looking chick says, "At least it SOUNDS like a Harley."

I just laughed and said "good point, buddy," slapped his girl on the butt and walked in the store.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Garandman
There is a brilliant and long running thread 200+ page thread on Advrider called "Stupid questions people ask you when stopped."
I laughed at how the BMW owners there were complaining of people asking to ride their bikes. I have never heard of anyone ever asking a Harley rider if they could take their bike for a spin. You just don't do it. I guess people perceive the BMW riders as being pushovers. I just thought that was funny.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Gay Rider
Banned

heheheh I laughed reading some of that thread, boy they is some anti-Harley Davidson crowd over there... well that's what they get for riding that junk I suppose!:0)
Like I tell the throw away bike crowd... in 50 years when they turn your bikes into tupperware they're still be reviving 100 year old Harleys!

Old 05-23-2011, 03:02 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Bronson is sitting at the bar havin' a beer;his helmet is on the bar next to him. A girl comes up to him & asks "Hey,you got a motorcycle?"
No ... I just got off my day job as a human cannonball ....

Old 05-23-2011, 04:03 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by theEvilMalcore
heheheh I laughed reading some of that thread, boy they is some anti-Harley Davidson crowd over there... well that's what they get for riding that junk I suppose!:0)
Like I tell the throw away bike crowd... in 50 years when they turn your bikes into tupperware they're still be reviving 100 year old Harleys!
I used to think that too, untill I rode a Beemer and discovered what junk harlleys are.
You might be right about riding harleys in 50 years though.....they will still have low miles on them.

Quick Reply: Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?