The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 10:30 PM
augason
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?

Ok so maybe its not the worst but I have an 03 silver and black Fat Boy. I always get these guys that say they love Fat Boys
and they always ask me were I got those cool solid wheels from. ..Augie...

Old 02-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was on the side of the road one day tryin' to sweet talk my old '72 kick only shovel into firing. This bike was a swing-arm frame with huge CHROME shocks sticking out the sides like a woman's hips. 5 gallon fatbob tanks with NO DASH. Ape hangers, chromed old style FLH (stripped) frontend complete with an old "won't slow you down" DRUM brake. I had installed a chrome wrap around oil bag which is I guess the reason the dude that pulled up to see if I needed help stated... "Wow, nice SOFTTAIL you got there..." I was speachless...

Old 02-24-2005, 01:32 AM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

During the peak of the Harley frenzy a few years back a buddy rode his 75 FLH to a club in a ritzy part of Atlanta to see a band he liked. As he pulled up to the bike parking area, that was full of yuppies, some guy asked as my friend stowed his helmet, "Is that a WW2 era harley?" He was DEAD serious! My friend looked at him and said "it's a SHOVEL head you moron, look it up!"

Old 02-24-2005, 03:42 AM
Pirate
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Joe Scout

Pirate, it's liking asking to take the wife for a ride. Tell us the rest of the story.
I think the response is something like... "whatever your on give me some"

Old 02-24-2005, 05:38 AM
investorsc
Road Master

Tell it all brother, tell it all! AMEN

BRUCE

Old 02-24-2005, 11:45 PM
03fatty
Novice

One day I was at a gun show, and my friend and I were just getting ready to walk out the door, looking at any last minute items on the way out. A lady asked if we would like to buy a raffle ticket and we both replied no, there was a guy standing nearby, I am not sure if he knew them or not. Anyway, I had on my Daytona H-D hoodie, and the guy said something along the lines of "Win that raffle and you'll be able to buy that Harley"!!! Can you believe that? This was 3 months or so ago, I was 25, so he must just assume I am too young to own one I guess. I didnt hear what he said, my friend Justin told me as we walked out the 2nd door. Man, at a gun show, you think you wouldnt talk some dumb **** there of all places, I was hot- dont insult me MF-er, my **** is paid for!! I hate stupid people.[:@]

Old 02-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Natedog
Stage II

ORIGINAL: Phil

I was on the side of the road one day tryin' to sweet talk my old '72 kick only shovel into firing. This bike was a swing-arm frame with huge CHROME shocks sticking out the sides like a woman's hips. 5 gallon fatbob tanks with NO DASH. Ape hangers, chromed old style FLH (stripped) frontend complete with an old "won't slow you down" DRUM brake. I had installed a chrome wrap around oil bag which is I guess the reason the dude that pulled up to see if I needed help stated... "Wow, nice SOFTTAIL you got there..." I was speachless...

Hmm...I thought that a bike with a swing-arm was a soft-tail (in general terms) and a bike that doesn't have a swing-arm was a rigid. Maybe that's what he was thinking.

I heard someone commenting on a bike "That's definately not a Harley, it doesn't have enough chrome to be a Harley"....It was a Road King, said it on the front fender, along with all the other H-D emblems.
Later
Nate

Old 02-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Topsail
Cruiser

I had a guy at a stoplight ask me if my FXDX was a Sportster?

I told him it was a Soft-Glide-Super-King, He say's "Cool, nice Harley!"

Harr!

Old 02-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at my HD dealer late last year. I had stopped by to pick up my free Tee shirt. [ a long story]. My sales guy george goes outside with me for a smoke and to see what new things I had done to my bike [ 04 1200 custom sporty BLACK, red & silver pin stripe ] The only place on my bike that says" harley davidson" is the Tank badge. She has Minii Apes, Tall sissy bar with an IRON Cross, LOW style Badlander seat, SS. Twisted spoke front wheel, polished back wheel, Samson LONG style pipes [going passed the rear wheel] and a ton of stuff you don't see on the average sporty. On the AC. I have the center plate that says "Scremin Eagle"
With the shirt layed over the tank you can't see the Harley davidson badge. A couple pulls up in a Mini Van with a young boy. The little guy yells out as he looking at my bike. "daddy Buy one like this" Dad strolls over [ wearing a HD Tee shirt and Cap] looks real hard. and says
Sorry son thats a Screming Eagle, they only sell Harleys here. Off they went inside. George looks at me and says
"OH boy this is going to be F*ckin wonderfull"

Old 02-27-2005, 08:36 PM
lostinal
Cruiser

Frozon snought on my beard ," aren't you cold riding that bike ?
Hey i never said I was smart either .
lostinal

Quick Reply: Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?