The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Lifelong Biker
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once saw some Yuppie with a Harley, that wouldn't start. He was bangging on the oil filter!!! I walked over and asked him "What are you doing??" He said I'm bangging on the starter, I told him that was the oil filter, he said I was wrong, I'm a mechanic so I just shook my head and walked away!!!! Surprised with my luck it didn't start by coinsidence!

Old 03-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Beast71
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

A co worker asked about my new 2003 FLSTCI, "Does it have that NEW engine Harley makes??" I asked which one (as obviuosly a new bike would have a new engine). Co worker thinks for a minute, than says "the Evo engine"......I tried to explain Evo engine was the new H-D engine 20 years ago.

I like some of the replies on this thread. Great entertainment.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:57 PM
1990electraglide
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A guy i went to school with bought a metric cruiser and I overheard him talking about how harleys suck, he said that if he would put pipes and a cam in his 800 suzuki it would sound the same as a harley if not better! I had no response.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Potatobudvs
Intermediate

Just today I called my colleges parking center to find out where to attach the parking permit on my bike. The guy very politely said, "If you have a frame you should put it on there. I know not all bikes have windshields and I don't think you want to put it on your exhaust pipe." I'm just lucky my bike had a frame!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ride up to a gas station in the pouring rain. Walk inside and the 300lb lady behind the counter with 50 DDD's no bra, 2 and a half teeth, lit 6" cigarette with 2" of ash hanging on for dear life, ask "Yall getting wet out there?"

Nope, I took a shower in rainX and my wife lives in an invisible bubble!

Heres your sign!

and +1 to the get to work with leather jacket, chaps, helmet and cut on, and get asked by the first person i see, you ride today? Nope, trying out for the village people!

Heres your sign!

Last edited by Warrior Redleg; 03-18-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:31 PM
dwightheadd
Banned

The fool RUB'S asking me if my rigid shovelhead is a Harley and what kind?wtf,morons.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:12 AM
SPERO56
Cruiser

Waiting in line at the bank - wearing my leather HD jacket and carrying my crash helmet and goggles under one arm. The bank teller guy looks at me and says: "are you riding a motorcyle"

I said: "Nope - I am just a very nervous car driver."

Smart *** reply I know but geez what was he thinking???

Old 03-19-2010, 05:23 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

One that always sticks in my mind,This guy pulled into my yard one day with full face helmet,tank top,shorts and sneakers on an ElectraGlide he bought a couple of weeks before and had just finished a 3 tour of Maine.Where do you check the oil he asks.One thing I have always been a little **** about is maintainance.Never leave for anything without knowing certain things are spot on.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:12 PM
joromu
Tourer

Originally Posted by 03fatty
One day I was at a gun show, and my friend and I were just getting ready to walk out the door, looking at any last minute items on the way out. A lady asked if we would like to buy a raffle ticket and we both replied no, there was a guy standing nearby, I am not sure if he knew them or not. Anyway, I had on my Daytona H-D hoodie, and the guy said something along the lines of "Win that raffle and you'll be able to buy that Harley"!!! Can you believe that? This was 3 months or so ago, I was 25, so he must just assume I am too young to own one I guess. I didnt hear what he said, my friend Justin told me as we walked out the 2nd door. Man, at a gun show, you think you wouldnt talk some dumb **** there of all places, I was hot- dont insult me MF-er, my **** is paid for!! I hate stupid people.[:@]
''so he must just assume I am too young to own one I guess''. He just assumed? And you just assumed what you thought he meant? As far as hating stupid people, many people act stupid because they assume things without finding out the true meaning.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:26 PM
joromu
Tourer

Funny stuff here. But honestly, there are many things that we would sound pretty dumb asking about something we know little or nothing about. And don't try to tell us that no one here ever asked a stupid question about something thinking it was a legitimate inquiry.

Quick Reply: Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?