The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Yeah...why?
Because most people can't and could care less.... but so many Harley riders seem to get all panty wadded that other folks don't instantly recognize the various flavors of Harleys..... that all look just alike to the average joe, and even most other motorcyclists.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:03 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Centerline
Because most people can't and could care less.... but so many Harley riders seem to get all panty wadded that other folks don't instantly recognize the various flavors of Harleys..... that all look just alike to the average joe, and even most other motorcyclists.

LOL, true...about 1/2 of the idiots who ever asked if my bike was a Sportster were douchebags riding baggers anyway....

Old 03-06-2010, 01:42 PM
cbrenthus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,635 Likes on 678 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
LOL, true...about 1/2 of the idiots who ever asked if my bike was a Sportster were douchebags riding baggers anyway....
Your bike isn't a sportster?

Old 03-15-2010, 10:47 AM
ITSBLU
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Centerline
Dude, relax, i'm sure you could go to an airplane forum and find a bunch of guys makin' jokes about the ignorant crap people ask them. not trying to judge nobody, hell a few years ago i was the ignorant guy(still am about half the time). it's the BS forum man, thats why we're all here. if you were offended, choose another thread.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:18 AM
BikerV
Road Warrior

I can contribute a few,

I'm in Florida one day kicking over my Rigid Chopper at a gas station. (it was a bear to get started after shutting it off hot). An old guy driving an RV comes over and tells me, "I can tell you what your doing wrong, Your bike is on the kickstand and leaning over. You need to stand the bike straight up so that there carburetor can work right"!!! I asked him, "So if you fill up a cup with iced-tea and put a straw down to the bottom and tilt the cup a little sideways I guess you can't suck up any iced-tea"?? he just walked away.

I used to work for Saab cars. A group of us were out back looking at the parts guys new FXR. A guy pulls up out front (I can see him through the shop doors) in a newer Saab convertible. He's walking around the back of the showroom and sees us standing around the bike. The guy walks over and blurts out (like he's being funny) "HEY, hear the joke about the guy with the Harley"?? Then he says "Nice Bike, sorry about the small *****"!! Without skipping a beat I told him "That's the same joke we say around here, But our version is about the yuppie F@gs who buy overpriced Saab convertibles". My Service manager called us in afterwards and wanted to know what we said to the guy because he went in and complained how rudely he was treated. After we told him the Service manager just laughed.

Lastly, One of my friends crashed his bike. He wound up with a seperated shoulder. We're in the ER and a nurse comes up to us all pissed off. She says "You know what we call guys who ride motorcycles?!?!?!, Organ DONORS"!!!! I told her "You know what we call nurses???, Married cops slutty girlfriends".

Of course the majority of people I run across on the bike are friendly and fun to talk with. I just can't let the idiot comments slide without saying something back.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:23 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Last week a co-worker asked me if I rode in. Well I had my helmet in my hand, leather riding jacket on and a bad case of helmet hair. He was looking right at me.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master

" Is at' yer bike?"....."Na,nieghbor's gone fer a couple'a days.....what he don' know won' hurt'im!".....

Old 03-15-2010, 10:21 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrenthus
Your bike isn't a sportster?

LOL, this belongs in the good one liner responses thread

Old 03-15-2010, 10:59 PM
ChiefGator
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

COMMENT ONE:

I am in this big group of guys all talking bikes at a BBQ. We are looking at this one guy's brand new FLHTCU when another guy pipes up and askes me, "Do you have a bike" I pointed in the general direction and said "That is my Shovelhead over there" To whitch he replies, "Hrumph, you need to get rid of that Jap stuff and get a Harley"

Old 03-15-2010, 11:03 PM
ChiefGator
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

COMMENT TWO:

I was lucky enough (aware enough...) to slam the trottle and jump a curb to get outta the way of a gal that rear ends the truck I was stopped behind at a stoplight. I dropped the bike when I went over the curb, so I stayed to do the police report. Johnny Law gets there and starts taking statements. It is November, I am in full leathers, helmet in hand and even had a reflective vest on as I was just leaving base. Cop looks at me and says "So, what vehicle were you in?"........

Quick Reply: Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?