The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 05:48 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts
Default RE: Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?

I'm sure we have all had this happen. Wife and I stop for a coke and some gentleman (usually older) walks up and says he USED to ride one of them 'Harley Indians' before the accident. Then he goes into all the gore and detail of the blood and guts...get the pictue. I try to be polite and tell them I don't really want to hear about accidents, did you have any fun when you rode. All we need is more bad karma.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:30 PM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was at a local bike night recently and I was talking to this attractive young lady about bikes. She wanted one, but they all seemed too big for her (insert dirty joke). Anyway, this drunk guy comes up and proceeded to give his expert opinion. "No! What you need is one of them softail sportsters. I know three guys that have them and none of them paid more than $6,000 for them at the dealer." I asked, "Are you sure that's what they were?" and he reiterated his statement. I just said, "Whatever you say, Champ." and walked away.

You ever tried to argue with a drunk guy? It's pointless. They young lady listened to his bullshit for a little while longer and then came back and found me. Even she knew he was full of crap.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:31 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SCREWBALL,

i know exactly what you mean....all my moms friends have a story of how they know someone who lost a son/daughter to a motocycle accident and as soon as my mom tells them i ride its the first thing i hear...'cept for this on lady i was introduced to, who said oh yeah my hsb and i used to ride everywhere let me see your bike....as soon as she saw it her first comment was ewww, thats not a harley, they should all be black. i wanted to puch the lady in the face, but it was already too ugly to do that, so i just walked away and told her to have a nice day

Old 09-12-2005, 09:19 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

ORIGINAL: screamn_eagle

SCREWBALL,

i know exactly what you mean....all my moms friends have a story of how they know someone who lost a son/daughter to a motocycle accident and as soon as my mom tells them i ride its the first thing i hear...
Wife was telling some of her co-workers about our sons bikes. She got the same thing, "So and So's son was killed" etc. They all nearly crapped when they saw the picture on her desk of her on her Nightrain. Biker Mom! Guess we were lousy roll models when the boys were growing up.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Rocket
Novice

A while back, my little brother crashed his sportbike. As I was telling him I was glad he was not hurt and giving him crap about riding like a fool he replied....”Well, It was going to happen sooner or later.” Like that was some kind of excuse for riding like an idiot.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:30 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Then there's my cow-worker who keeps telling me about the time she spent in the hospital next to the room were they wire brushed the road out of the road rash with wire brushes and the ensuing screams of motorcyclists(?) that were so aflicted.[:'(] What she does not know, I guess, is that I have been riding/racing bicycles and motorcycles since I was 6 years old and I am no stranger to road rash or wire brushes. I don't scream and neither do any bikies or bikers that I know when it comes to that.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:47 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Donor Cycle'...

for some reason that just grates my nerves[:@]

I guess because so many wrecks, are caused by stupid drivers who "didn't see"

Like my son, last year when he slammed into the side of a big truck that "didn't see him"

Denny

Old 10-06-2005, 01:23 AM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have several but here are a couple of the better ones,
Hey, you in the Marines?
No my son is.
Then why you wearing that hat that says Marines?
or
As I pull up on my bike, You like ridin' that thang?
At the Highway Department, waiting to take license test, with helmet in hand, You ride a motorcycle?
As I take off my helmet at the store, You one of them biker dudes?
Best T-shirt ever seen- $15,000 and 15 miles does not make a Biker!
Best of the dumbest, I don't ride it cause I don't want it to get dirty!!!!

Old 10-06-2005, 03:33 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guy tells me he has a '98 Fat Boy. I ask about vibration because I say, "...that was before they came out with the balanced motor for Softails...". He says, "No it's balanced, real easy to ride and I haven't tipped it over yet." Swear to god!! [sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 10-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Russelmania
Outstanding HDF Member

Harley Tech from Livermore (CA) dealership....(Standing 2 feet from the bike in this picture)

"Nice Big Dog"

Scary, works in the dealer maintainence shop, and can't recognize a harley engine/frame...

Quick Reply: Most ignorant motorcycle comment you've heard?