The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you 99% or 1%

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:24 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmaca
REAL old timers mostly know that the 1% came from an AMA statement after a minor riot at an AMA event way back when, after which the AMA PR jerks stated that 99% of motorcyclists are (law abiding, respectable, stuff like that, but I forget the actual words they used) and the people who didn't consider themselves a part of that supposed 99% started referring to themselves as 1% ers. It had NOTHING to do with what colors you were flying, if any at all.

About the other topic, I'm one of those guys with a CCW that's good in near 40 different states, but I HAVE been in jail. Just not in Prison, and never for anything on the "prohibited" list. Like someone else here said, not everyone gets caught.

And just 'cause the Bros in maybe 4 clubs want to make the 1% thing private property doesn't mean that it is. I'm STILL getting the 1% tattoo that's on my upper arm copied to my lower arm, even though I DON'T ride with anyone now and even though I know damned well I'm gonna run into some Mongols and some Bandidos at the bar where I drink.

What the H___, I've still got the 3 piece colors on the other upper arm and the reason they aren't on my back anymore is that the club ain't in the US, I kinda needed to get the H___ out of Dodge in a hurry, and the way the cops over there are allowed to do almost whatever they want I couldn't even afford to stay in touch.

exactly....

20 years ago is different from today.

earlier in the thread I stated i am 1%, ... but old school 1%, anti-gov't, pro choice, fugg you i'll do what I want where I want, breaking a few MINOR LAWS ALONG THE WAY. (I.E. lanesplitting, occasional dui, speeding ect)... not gangbanger, drugs and whatever else ATF is scope locked on.

Old School... true 1% not gangbanger!

I have been to jail many times, mostly 10+ year ago when I had my head up my butt bigtime... in several different counties, kings, kern, fresno, and in a couple different states (CA, AZ & FL) I might add...but that was back then and really didn't listen to people or pay any attention to any signs on the roads or in buildings

Wait...

I still have my head up my butt.... i've just gotten better about getting caught

Old 03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Shovelhead Jack
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know me, Bucket.

I agree that in the old sense of the word I am 1% but for the times I will not claim myself 1% out of respect for those who earned it through their club. You and I both know plenty of the guys wearing a diamond and I respect that patch on their cut as much as I do the three on the back.

Guess I'm just an unruly sonofabitch, probably more 1%er than most but not as clear cut as others.

Last edited by Shovelhead Jack; 03-02-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:09 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned

Originally Posted by Shovelhead Jack
You know me, Bucket.

I agree that in the old sense of the word I am 1% but for the times I will not claim myself 1% out of respect for those who earned it through their club. You and I both know plenty of the guys wearing a diamond and I respect that patch on their cut as much as I do the three on the back.

Guess I'm just an unruly sonofabitch, probably more 1%er than most but not a clear cut as others.
That's because we are one in the same bro...

You are Old School 1%, same as me....

Old 03-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Shovelhead Jack
Banned

I love ya, Broseph! When are we gonna swill some suds and check out the talent at the pole swingers club?

Old 03-02-2010, 05:26 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned

I love ya, Broseph! When are we gonna swill some suds and check out the talent at the pole swingers club?
Let's shoot for this saturday sometime... same rathole we always go to. I'm gonna try to get a better wiff of that skinny *** blondes beaver again...

We'll try not to attract as many cops this time. Doubtful.. but we'll try.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Shovelhead Jack
Banned

Cool, that place has good beer specials and if they got nuthin but skeezers we can hit up the Rock Bar.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:36 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned

Cool, that place has good beer specials and if they got nuthin but skeezers we can hit up the Rock Bar.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:37 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

so would a .5%er be even meaner?

Old 03-02-2010, 05:42 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned

Originally Posted by schumacher
so would a .5%er be even meaner?
Jr. Prospect (son) of a 1%er...