The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you 99% or 1%

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Surtr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
I don't think the fascination that many Harley riders have concerning Traditional MC's is anything new.

Even back in the 60's and 70's guys would go out of their way to 'become friendly' with various MC's, and then brag about it to their own friends.

But in today's world you just hear more about it because of the growing number of Harley riders and the availability of the internet, in which untold thousands of riders could get together and ask questions or state their thoughts.

Back before the internet people had to actually get together (or use the telephone) to talk about stuff.

But then again, just my opinion, and as everyone knows, opinions vary.

Oh yea I agree the internet made a huge difference, but my money is on the gangland shows

Old 01-28-2010, 03:56 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Surtr
Oh yea I agree the internet made a huge difference, but my money is on the gangland shows
"Outlaw Bikers" is a real treat, a must see if you want fictional media filled garbage and nothing good on Biker fund raising, toy runs, hospital runs, food shelter runs ect.. they only show the bad side.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Surtr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BUCKETASS
"Outlaw Bikers" is a real treat, a must see if you want fictional media filled garbage and nothing good on Biker fund raising, toy runs, hospital runs, food shelter runs ect.. they only show the bad side.
Very true, I am glad someone else sees it.
They show the law enforcement side.
99% is fictional and 1% is real.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:40 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

All media only shows the bad side. Ever hear about a OMC doing a charity event? Or raising money for a sick kid? I bet not, but they do. Like I said in my previous post, if they were truely a criminal enterprise (like the TV shows and the media portray them to be) then they would not be able to wear their colors when they are out and about. The main thing a criinal wants is to be annonyous, they aren't going to wear soething that makes them stand out while they are comiting crimes.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:03 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Well, I might as well toss it out there. Here yah go. Turned in my colors when my health got so bad I couldn't do it any more. Now I ride with a Cancer group I started with like minded survivors. No longer a 1%er and neither is the new club. www.eightballmc.com . I don't hide who I am or who I was from anyone.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:16 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Well, I might as well toss it out there. Here yah go. Turned in my colors when my health got so bad I couldn't do it any more. Now I ride with a Cancer group I started with like minded survivors. No longer a 1%er and neither is the new club. www.eightballmc.com . I don't hide who I am or who I was from anyone.

Sorry about the illness, that sucks major *****....but good for you for marching on and congrats on the new MC!!!!!! Wish you were closer for a beverage or 2.

respect!

Old 01-28-2010, 06:31 PM
matt25
Road Captain

run 66. 50 50

Old 01-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Sledge
Road Master

Who really cares if you are a 1%, 99%, of LEO MC, or eterans MCpublic safety MC, veterans MC. All are very proud and loyal to their own clubs, Treat them with respect and repect willreturned to you. I tell my members of our LEMC that when they encounter another club to treat them with respect and move on. I know the 1%

Old 01-29-2010, 02:48 AM
fatbob123
Road Captain

Well i am just just confirming that i am 99% sure i am not 1% - if thats makes any sense at all - happy weekend all

Old 01-29-2010, 06:52 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

HTML Code:
Sorry about the illness, that sucks major *****....but good for you for marching on and congrats on the new MC!!!!!! Wish you were closer for a beverage or 2.
Props man. Thanks.