The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 02:20 PM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
i had the spilt second inner debate as to whether I should move left or push right, sending his dumbass in the ditch. A rental is the perfect car to sacrifice.
note to self; always get the comprehensive rental coverage so I can retaliate against aggressive drivers .

The following 2 users liked this post by Backforty:
Juan L (01-09-2023), nevada72 (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 02:22 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,295 Likes on 6,039 Posts

Good luck with your last phase of your job Stan. Just be forewarned that you may find your retirement schedule busier than your work schedule!!! Also remember that these days are by your choosing rather than company dictated!!!
Bob, at least you didn't have to worry about finding yourself in a spin from the pit move!!!

The following users liked this post:
nevada72 (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 02:57 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,822 Likes on 19,322 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartanden
Well just got back from Best Buy....geek squad gent got me set back up with microsoft office..... now I have access to files again. Will need to do a bit of housekeeping to get back where I was before. Yeah, paid the big bucks, but for this computer illiterate it was worth the $$$ spent!
Denny ... What did you do, buy, get ???

@Spartanden

Old 01-09-2023, 03:00 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

, Hurry up and wait. Not sure what I'm going to do with these but filing sandbags is a good workout.

Old 01-09-2023, 04:01 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,943 Likes on 4,698 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Morning Russ, Greg, Stan, Mick, Larry, John, Jeff, Denny, Bill, Lou, and Chris

I asked him about hit and run. He said it was my word against his. To which I responded "Yeah, but I'm the only guy here to tell the story because the other guy ran. Seems pretty obvious." I think I annoyed him with that remark.

I followed up - The trooper went the guys house and the coward made his wife say she was driving. The trooper saw through it and made her fess up. In the end the guy ended up with driving after revocation, improper lane change, and falsifying a report. As far as insurance, it was a company rental and there was no damage. I already traded it in because I don't need some idiot stalking me out on the street. It was a white GMC Terrain with Tennessee plates, so easy to spot..
Bob, that was just my point. In a Misdemeanor, the officer has too see the offense to make an arrest. In this case he could not have found the driver and arrested him after the fact, but could have certainly filed the charge, which was clearly done by the Trooper. The officer sounds either lazy or a rookie. Glad it worked out the way it did, all things considered.

Old 01-09-2023, 04:26 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Tonight is the night when the Big Meanies from Georgia try and beat up on my little Horned Frogs for the National Championship. I hope TCU can make a good showing and at least punch them in the mouth a couple of times.

Old 01-09-2023, 04:37 PM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,305 Likes on 3,566 Posts

Being from Florida I am a huge supporter of SEC football but tonight I am pulling for the Frogs. I enjoyed their games this year and it would be cool to see them win the National Championship.

Juan L (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 04:39 PM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Jeff, how was the Gibtown rally?.

Old 01-09-2023, 05:00 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Denny ... What did you do, buy, get ???

@Spartanden
I paid the bucks and bought microsoft office for excel, powerpoint, and word, and had them install. Had some issues and for some reason, the "old" system took a dump. I think when I took it to my buddy he may have invertently did something which put my excel software into another mode and I would have had to go to wifey's IT department on campus to get it fixed. She has access to most of her old program systems as she retired from there and that's one of their perks. I just said **** on it and bought the system from BB and had them install. My buddy would have helped me out, but his wife is sick (flu or cold) and I did not want to bother them. So I bit the bullet, bought and had them install, and i seem to have all I need now.

Uncle Larry (01-10-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 05:03 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member

Moldy..... watching the news tonight and they had a segment on the snowfall in Minneapolis. Complaints that "officials were not clearing streets". From the videos, I don't see how they could. Cars parked on the streets, narrow passage between cars and huge snow piles along side of the road. How do people expect plows to move through closely parked cars, an area to move snow to, and in general just drive down the street!!! Pull the cars off the streets and give the snow plows an opportunity to do their job!! Are people up there that bad? Or did the news just show a couple of streets that suited their needs and make a big deal about it???

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.