The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2023, 04:35 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,629 Likes on 2,734 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
True. Most bikes in that price range anymore are basket cases with owners, "I know what I got" attitudes. That one seems more like, trying to unload it for a fair price kinda deal.

Still cheaper than buying new though. With the price jump over the last two years, I think I'd sooner replace my engine than buy another one.
Yep, be cheaper to put in an S&S with a bunch more hp than a new bike.

The following users liked this post:
NoRegerts (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 04:43 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,943 Likes on 4,698 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Afternoon gents! Back among the living. Lost power last night at 10:37 PM and they just restored it now. High winds threw some heavy branches and a tree at the powerlines that supply the entire subdivision, as well as blocking the road. No power. No internet. And the worst - no coffee. We had to improvise and heat up water on the Genesis and mix in instant espresso. Which actually wasn't bad at all. I'll have to keep some ground coffee around for future outages.

Which leads to the generator shopping experience. I expect that will be a joy. My wallet is already limbering up.
No coffee!? Even the cowboys on the Oregon Trail died of dysentery with the aroma of coffee on their last breath.

Old 01-05-2023, 04:48 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

I get a call from the neighbor across the street. We take of each other. We care for the property when they leave, and she keeps an eye on my place. She tells me about a truck parked at the top of the driveway. I recognized it as Layla's friend, Manny. TLT and I got on her last night and said it was okay to have friends over when we were home, not while we gone. So I call her and tell her he needs to leave. Neighbor calls about 10 minutes later and his truck is still there.

I went home and made him leave. Now Layla is... I don't know what she is. Pissed. "It's not fair!" I don't like this.
My daughter got real upset with me once, also a boy involved, and I told her it's not negotiable, when you're an adult you'll remember how I raised you, and you'll agree I'm doing the right thing now. That ended it, she actually said she understood that. Even if yours doesn't right now, she should eventually understand. She's a girl, you will have different viewpoints and probably some serious disagreements, just part of child raising, and never forget for a moment you love her, words spoken in anger can last a lifetime.

NoRegerts (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 05:07 PM
Jd1a
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

I got off work on P.M shift. Was outside looking at stars at 00:45. Watched a male leave a parked car in front of a house and enter a bedroom window. Didn't look right and called PD. They show up to the front door asking questions and looking. It was the daughters boyfriend. I'm sure that was a great surprise. Felt a little bad for the kid, but could have been an entirely different outcome.

Juan L (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 05:19 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,878 Likes on 17,363 Posts

You made the right call.

Evenin, Woods.

Old 01-05-2023, 05:23 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,802 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Evening, fellas.

Old 01-05-2023, 05:23 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,802 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Originally Posted by Jd1a
I got off work on P.M shift. Was outside looking at stars at 00:45. Watched a male leave a parked car in front of a house and enter a bedroom window. Didn't look right and called PD. They show up to the front door asking questions and looking. It was the daughters boyfriend. I'm sure that was a great surprise. Felt a little bad for the kid, but could have been an entirely different outcome.
Welcome to the TOAK, JD.

Old 01-05-2023, 05:27 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Over two hours. Wet, heavy snow, blower keep making a ramp it would climb, snow was so heavy several inches down it packed hard. I'd say about 4 to 6" forward was as big a bite as it would take without pulling it back and going again in several spots. Plow left about a 10' wide pile on the street past the end of the drive, deeper in spots than the spout on the blower. It was a physical workout, too tired to take a bike out after this. Mid 20's today, gloves and boots handle that ok, but tomorrow is back in the teens, not comfortable for long. Forecast looks like I'd wait a long time for this to melt.

Old 01-05-2023, 05:31 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Chris, leave a couple of tasers out for them to play with and watch the cameras…..

Old 01-05-2023, 05:32 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,937 Likes on 12,141 Posts

No coffee!? Even the cowboys on the Oregon Trail died of dysentery with the aroma of coffee on their last breath.
Well.....technically we had coffee. But the electric grinder wouldn't work because, you know, no electricity. So we had the instant espresso.

So instead of planning ahead and buying pre-ground coffee, I bought a 12,000 watt generator. And yes, I'm going to be a bad boy and do a suicide 50A cord that will plug in the outside RV outlet.

rocket23 (01-05-2023)

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.