The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2022 | 08:05 PM
QC
|
Club Member

Evening, Bob, Bill, and Chris. And Mike.

Old 10-23-2022 | 08:05 PM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member

You know Russ the WoWboys would have a good chance at making the playoffs, if they could just play the Lions every week of the regular season .

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (10-23-2022)
Old 10-23-2022 | 08:08 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Russian gremlins are the worst. First the fuel tank crossover hose quick disconnect leaked. Fixed, and on first startup an inline fuel filter started leaking, bad, right on the muffler. Replaced with a one piece new hose, and first startup fuel dribbled out of the carb, stuck float, I think a piece of something got in the float valve with the new fuel line. Then the only remaining untouched fuel line got a pinhole leak. Don't have much new fuel line left. Re-installing the 3 piece tubes between the single airbox and carbs was an exercise in frustration. I will no longer say Urals are easy to work on. I think I forgot to say what an ordeal it was to replace the battery a while back. I wonder if the gremlin will strike again tonight and screw up yet another attempt to ride it tomorrow. The bloom is off the rose, must sell that thing next spring, probably wouldn't be much interest this time of year.

Old 10-23-2022 | 08:10 PM
Juan L

Originally Posted by Backforty
You know Russ the WoWboys would have a good chance at making the playoffs, if they could just play the Lions every week of the regular season .
Ain't that the truth!

Honestly though they’ve only lost two games, they’ll lose more until the offense figures out how to score.

Last edited by Juan L; 10-23-2022 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2022 | 08:12 PM
QC
|
Club Member

Evening, Chuck and RussL

Old 10-23-2022 | 08:12 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Evening Greg, Chuck, Mike, Chris........

I can't criticize the C-girls. McCarthy is probably doing a better job for them than TheFlower is doing for the Packers. It's painful to watch. All our eggs are in one, egotistical, basket. The whole team need s a rework.

Old 10-23-2022 | 08:13 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by nevada72
I am relieved to hear it.

I'm really surprised your neck bearings were loos e already. I've never had to adjust them on any of my bikes. I did have to replace them altogether on my Bad Boy, but they were shot. I just checked fall away on my 2008 RK - perfect. 2.5 swings.
I'm at 5cm, or 1.9 inches. I can't get it tighter without being too tight. Not sure why, but at that preload, the adjuster doesn't want to move anymore. It doesn't feel like it moves, but putting more pressure made it too tight. I had to back it off.

And yes, I made to loosen, and retighten the pinch bolt when I was finished.

Old 10-23-2022 | 08:13 PM
Juan L

Originally Posted by Imold
Russian gremlins are the worst. First the fuel tank crossover hose quick disconnect leaked. Fixed, and on first startup an inline fuel filter started leaking, bad, right on the muffler. Replaced with a one piece new hose, and first startup fuel dribbled out of the carb, stuck float, I think a piece of something got in the float valve with the new fuel line. Then the only remaining untouched fuel line got a pinhole leak. Don't have much new fuel line left. Re-installing the 3 piece tubes between the single airbox and carbs was an exercise in frustration. I will no longer say Urals are easy to work on. I think I forgot to say what an ordeal it was to replace the battery a while back. I wonder if the gremlin will strike again tonight and screw up yet another attempt to ride it tomorrow. The bloom is off the rose, must sell that thing next spring, probably wouldn't be much interest this time of year.
And all of this maintenance can be completed with a knife, vice grips and a hammer! Gotta love simplicity!

Old 10-23-2022 | 08:16 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Bob ...
.I'll still trade you for the Lions

The following users liked this post:
nevada72 (10-23-2022)
Old 10-23-2022 | 08:17 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Neat video on youtube today, Russian fighter flying real low with a camera on the pilot, takes a hit, starts rolling and nosedown, pilot ejects in less than two seconds, lands in a farm field and the plane goes down not far away on the edge of some trees. Missile to pilot on the ground, less than 15 seconds, need fast reflexes in this war. Since he obviously went down close to who shot him down, I suspect he's a POW now, or shot, doubt that video was released by the Russians.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.